SciFi YA series - Adults can't reproduce send children to space ???

gky

Need help with title of series. Disease on earth and adults cannot reproduce after '18'. So young children highly trained are sent on a long term space mission. The YA have specializations. They elect leaders. There is one area of space ship that is off limits. They encounter space challenges they overcome. They encounter space aliens they work/overcome. In subsequent books it is found out that the earth leader put his illegitimate son on the mission even though he had psychological problems that would have precluded him from being picked for mission. In the end of series they reach destination but 2 factions have split and choose different planets to colonize. Thanks - Gail

Earthseed trilogy comes to mind by Pamela Sargent but not sure if it exactly fits. Other could be Invitation To The Game by Monica Hughes. both on wikipedia I think. If neither a 'similar' search might help?

Thank you for the suggestions. Disappointedly they aren’t it, but I’ve added earthseed to my reading list. I’ll continue to try Google/wiki searches. Maybe one day I’ll hit on the correct “phrasing “ to search on.

Back