The Films of M Night Shyamalan

He didn't direct Devil, but he did come up with the story. The Happening just made me laugh; the written dialogue could've been better and the actors didn't carry it well enough for me. The Village I didn't think was as bad, but it would've worked better as a romance than a horror film. I think less people would've been let down by the ending. Shyamalan himself said he didn't like the way it was advertised.

I skipped The Happening.

I skipped The Happening.

I understand people's dislike for The Happening, but I really enjoyed it as a type of 'B' horror movie. Over the years, I think I've gotten quite good at turning my brain off when watching movies, and am (usually) able to avoid noticing the wobbly scenery and lot holes, as long as the story interests me.

The problem comes when I watch a movie when the director does require a degree of thought from the viewer, and those end up either going over my head or confusing me.

I haven't yet seen any of M. Night Shayamalan movies. Not even the Titanic one. ("Icey dead people".)

I haven't yet seen any of M. Night Shayamalan movies. Not even the Titanic one. ("Icey dead people".)

The Sixth Sense is his best film .

It slo the title of a short lived series staring Gary Collin it. was later merged into Rod Serlings Night Gallery for syndication purposes.

3 others other Id like to see M Night Shyamalan team up with , Alex Proyas, Guillermo Del Toro and Sam Rami .

Shyamalan's name on a film is not a positive or negative to me. As previously noted, he's a hit or miss kind of producer/director. Just a general "meh" from me.

I wonder if he'll ever do a Frankenstein or Dracula film with twist ending, that would be different.:D

Or maybe he'll do a good Werewolf film.:D

Back