Foundation series publication history

Bick

Luddite Curmudgeon
Supporter
I don't know how interesting this will be generally, but for those who love the Foundation series, and who have owned or read various editions of the books over the years, it may be a diversion of some mild interest: I have written up a pictorial feature on my website on the series publication. If you go to the site's 'Features' index here, you will see a link at the bottom to the new feature article. Enjoy. :)

Here is a taster, cut and pasted from the 'article':

1626653552212.png

I had paperback editions the original foundation trilogy but none of those editions and I had the double hardcover edition containing the Trilogy

I niw have the Hard covered Bantam Spectra edition with a Picture of Hari Sedon sitting in front of scene with Trantor in the background.

Last edited:
You remind me I was going to add a short bit on omnibus editions. I'll do that...

EDIT: Omnibus editions now added

Last edited:
You remind me I was going to add a short bit on omnibus editions. I'll do that...

The soft back editions I had of the foundation trilogy were the 1966 Avon editions . They had weird looking covers.

I suggest reading Second Foundation in the two original magazine installments, published as "Now You See It" and some months later, "And Now You Don't".