Trying to find scifi short story about narcissism pandemic

johnparnold63

I do not remember the anthology it was in, but this was a story written between 1985 and 95 I am thinking.

There is a pandemic where people affected become narcissist to the point where nothing matters and society is beginning to unravel.

A particular scene is of office workers that are scared of how this is affecting life.

There is a guy in the office who is a narcissist and gets the disease. A coworker comes to tell them thus guy has the disease. The person asks "how can you tell?"

When they get there the narcissist is talking about a time when people wouldnt listen to him...

Cant remember much more..

Any ideas?

I do not remember the anthology it was in, but this was a story written between 1985 and 95 I am thinking.

There is a pandemic where people affected become narcissist to the point where nothing matters and society is beginning to unravel.

A particular scene is of office workers that are scared of how this is affecting life.

There is a guy in the office who is a narcissist and gets the disease. A coworker comes to tell them thus guy has the disease. The person asks "how can you tell?"

When they get there the narcissist is talking about a time when people wouldnt listen to him...

Cant remember much more..

Any ideas?
No idea but it's a great idea.

Back