Discover Science Fiction and Fantasy Week at Goodreads!

If they wanted to use the platform to showcase indie authors, they missed the boat. I suspect that since they are owned by Amazon, the main focus is to direct sales to there.

If they wanted to use the platform to showcase indie authors, they missed the boat. I suspect that since they are owned by Amazon, the main focus is to direct sales to there.

What about classic science fiction and fantasy books ? Did they mysteriously cease to exist ? :(

What about classic science fiction and fantasy books ? Did they mysteriously cease to exist ? :(
I'm going to take issue with you on this, in the nicest way possible, BAYLOR. The classics are always there. I go back to them, sometimes, with varying degrees of enjoyment. I know you are a fan of the older stuff, and seem to have little interest in more modern fiction, as is your right. :) But they're already well known, and well reviewed and lauded, so continually going over the same ground diminishes the chances of newer authors and fiction to be noticed.

As noted above, Goodreads is an Amazon vehicle, so focussed on creating sales. They will be looking for new markets. The established markets are secure.

I will say, I saw this before, but Goodreads has done a terrible job of promoting it. Not least, because some of the recommendations in the included lists are really good.

Back