Who is your Favorite Hero's Sidekick In Fantasy , Science fiction and Horror and Conventional Adventure Stories ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
This is a thread about the hero's sidekick , he or she who, ends up doing just as much hardwork risk as the hero and gets far less of the limelight or glory than the hero. This covers, movies, televisions , books, graphic novels , comics books and yes, computer games . :)

So , who are your gavotte sidekicks. :)

"Gavotte" sounds like one of those old fashioned Jewish words. :)

My dad used to watch Hercules and Xena, so i always remember Iolaus and Gabrielle as two great sidekicks. (Although i have to confess that i've never seen them, they did look like good,light hearted fun.)

Were R2-D2 and C3-P0 sidekicks? I always felt so. If they count, they're definitely my favourite sidekicks.

'Clicky-Ba' from The wolf of Kabul

wolf.jpg

There are a few.
Star Wars was always more interesting for the sidekicks, Chewbacca, R2D2, and C3PO.
Doctor Who had K-9, and Sarah Jane Smith. More recently, Martha Jones stands out.
And, then, Zen and Orac from Blake's 7. Computer characters who were as important as the humans.

There's also, Phillipe Gaston, The Mouse, from Ladyhawke. The protagonist of the film is the sidekick to the strongest knight around, along with the knight's hawk. He's basically the perfect narrator for a story, and a completely unreliable one, in that he thinks that he is the hero.

Finally, and favourite for me, Deputy, then Sheriff, Nicole Haught from Wynonna Earp. Cult TV at it's best.

The Doctor's Companion(s), because they are constantly changing and some of them are really excellent; resourceful, entertaining and in (in particular) at their best they provide the Doctor with an emotional gauge for his (/her) conscience.

Especially honorable mentions IMO to Sarah-Jane Smith, Leela, Romana, Tegan Jovanka, Rose Tyler, Martha Jones and Donna Noble. They all made their stories at least as enjoyable as their respective doctors did.

What about Agent 99 and Maxwell Smart.

I'm thinking of Barbara Feldon and Don Adams in the original series here. I haven't seen the film.

The film is decent but, doesn't the characters in the tv series.

Sancho Panza from Don Quixote.
Sam Gamgee - LOTR
Burt Ward's Robin to Adam West's Batman
The Witcher's Roach.

What about games?

Jedi: Fallen Order's Cere Junda and Greez Dritus were great sidekicks and i really enjoyed Merrin.

I would have to say Moonglum. He was the traveling Companion of Elric of Melnibone.
I came here to mention The Eternal Companion to The Eternal Champion!