Who is your Favorite Hero's Sidekick In Fantasy , Science fiction and Horror and Conventional Adventure Stories ?

The Drones in Iain M. Banks's Culture series were also very good sidekicks, with my favourite being the psychotic Skaffen-Amtiskaw from Use of Weapons and Mawhrin-Skel/Flere-Imsaho from The Player of Games.

I'm surprised noone has mentioned DangerMouse and PENFOLD.
I thought they had some real fans here.

Corporal Barnes from the 1951 film The Thing from Another World
He has so many of the best lines and always seems to be one step ahead of the Captain.

Pip in the Flinx series by Alan Dean Foster.

Where can I get a flying poisonous snake?

Aahz from Robert Asprin's Myth Adventures series. He was actually forced to be Skeeve's No. 2, more or less, because the spell of a dying wizard left him with no magik (that's how Asprin spells it) to use, so he relies somewhat on Skeeve. Then again, Skeeve could be considered the sidekick because Aahz does a lot of plotting too and poses a physical threat that Skeeve doesn't have. It could go both ways. They're both good characters in my book.

I am particularly fond of the first robin, Dick Grayson. That is because of the original teen titans cartoon I used to watch as a child. I liked the way he was described there, driven, intelligent, sarcastic. But also obsessed with taking down villains and lying to his friends, being compared to the major baddie, Slade. I sometimes read fanfiction of that cartoon, and it's been 17 years since I've first seen it. You can say I'm a bit obsessed with Robin too.

It was alot of fun watching both Ford and Connery tother on screen. :cool:

I agree, but what (to me at least) is incredible is that they are only 12 years difference in age. Judging by the film you would have guessed at least twice - if not three times - that amount.

I agree, but what (to me at least) is incredible is that they are only 12 years difference in age. Judging by the film you would have guessed at least twice - if not three times - that amount.

Yes by Sean Connery was very convincing in the the role or elderly Dr Henry Jones Sr