Hello, what kind of book are you writing?

I'm writing a sci-fi novel that explores the use of dark energy - how it has come to destroy the world and how people are using it to fight and rebuild civilization. There's a large element to it that explores what consciousness is and how we come to be who we are. Currently being designed and edited!

I've thrown a couple of chapters on wattpad if anyone is interested in that concept :)

The above concepts look great. Emily Bronte meets Joe Abercrombie is an interesting writing style, @Lawrence Twiddy! Do you have a sample page?

I'm writing a sci-fi novel that explores the use of dark energy - how it has come to destroy the world and how people are using it to fight and rebuild civilization. There's a large element to it that explores what consciousness is and how we come to be who we are. Currently being designed and edited!

I've thrown a couple of chapters on wattpad if anyone is interested in that concept :)

The above concepts look great. Emily Bronte meets Joe Abercrombie is an interesting writing style, @Lawrence Twiddy! Do you have a sample page?

Yeah I have a prologue I think I'd be willing to share, though I haven't shared anything before so I do not know what is the preferable method.

Yeah loosely Joe Abercrombie because I think I'm slightly modern fantasy with the wit and humour also I'm a Quentin Tarantino fan so i like some good old fashioned gory violence in my writing, which works swimmingly as its a medieval piece and there was plenty of that about. Emily Bronte reference was more to do with tragedy story archetype and relationships rather than being so grim dark like Joe Abercrombie.
But I would like to say these are small influences that I see come through in my story and I very much have my own style of prose, be it good or bad.

hi! my book is a high fantasy. it has a lot of intrigues and i have to do a lot of research but it's been a fun project.

the next book will be a fantasy romance and i'm still at the outlining stage (a plantser here).

i'm actually excited to start a psychological horror after watching some videos on dark nursery rhymes and fairytales.

I'm writing a fantasy murder mystery, first in a series.

On the back burner is a story I began but got bogged down, so I thought I'd try murder as a palate cleanser. <g> I'll get back to it. It's the story of a boy who becomes emperor ... but it's based on a true story, so none of that farmboy nonsense.

In the long edit of my first novel. Its a road trip sci-fi adventure. Nearish future where the solar system is somewhat settled and humanity is now at a handful of nearby stars.

I'm currently working on a high-fantasy novel. I just finished most of my world-building, so I finally got to start writing the book.

I actually have many story ideas for this world, but I'm currently working on this one:

An arrogant elven prince, a stubborn human, and an impossible quest; Grace sure has found herself in the most unthinkable situation.

The Shadows, that were once feared by both men and elves across all of Qecios, have returned once more. Grace is sent out to help the Elvenprince to save his kingdom, however, they need to find a way to convince men to form an alliance with the elves, before they can finally rid themselves of these creatures once and for all. But how is she going to get two entire races to work together if she can't even stop her companions from going at each others' throats?

Is the return of this daunting enemy enough to finally unite men and elves after many decades of spite? Or will their pride ruin them all?

I don't think it is the best summary out there, but so far it is the only one I could think of— until I can come up with a better one :censored: