Looking for a 50/50 collaborator to this crazy sci-fi comedy story

TheoGerken

So I wrote this crazy story back in the day that started off pretty strong but faded out in the end. It was called: Bro ManGold: The Man Who Beat God Without Trying

The worst man (called "Bro ManGold") on Earth is left to repopulate the whole planet with disastrous consequences to humankind. He's the sole member of a very popular reality show in space (while all men on Earth die off).

I am not able to write a good ending. I'm just stuck. So I'm looking for a 50/50 deal with anyone that is able to write a good ending to the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, hmm, interesting start. Finish it yourself. You'll feel so much better if you do. (y)

You may find that in a month or two you can think of an ending.

Something useful for a writer is a notebook or phone where you can make notes for ideas when they occur to you. It's amazing how easily ideas can be forgotten. I have lots of odd scraps in files and every so often review them, especially if stuck, because sometimes it is "ooh, now if I took this bit, plus that one turned sideways, it would fit in plot gap very nicely"

To introduce a partner at this stage is probably a poor decision. As with most of us I suspect you’ve lived and breathed your idea for so long now, only you can do it justice.

When I get stuck, I try to un-think about the actual problem and instead just occupy the storyworld I’ve created, in my mind.

I find just before falling asleep or just as I’m waking pretty good ‘zones’ for inspiration- just make sure you have a way of noting it down or you will forget.

You could try giving it to readers and get some feedback on the book so far. That might help develop the plot and character arcs so that the ending comes naturally.

So I wrote this crazy story back in the day that started off pretty strong but faded out in the end. It was called: Bro ManGold: The Man Who Beat God Without Trying

The worst man (called "Bro ManGold") on Earth is left to repopulate the whole planet with disastrous consequences to humankind. He's the sole member of a very popular reality show in space (while all men on Earth die off).

I am not able to write a good ending. I'm just stuck. So I'm looking for a 50/50 deal with anyone that is able to write a good ending to the story.

further to the excellent advice above, my twopenneth is to write the ending no matter whether its good or bad, and then give it a few weeks, at least, then go back and re-edit the whole thing. Whatever ending you decided on will need to be set up through the story, with the climax tying together all the story threads and ideas neatly. Through the process of re-writing you'll naturally begin to refine your ideas and the ending.

If you can afford it, working with an editor is also recommended.

Back