DISCUSSION THREAD -- JULY 2021 75 Word Writing Challenge

Huge thank yous to Astro Pen and Phyrebrat for the listings! And thanks so much, Wayne Mack, for the vote. :)

I will read and vote in the next few days, CC

Here are mine. Well done to all!

Short-list

@LuiglinOne upon a time : Words take a life of their own in this delicate homage to literature

@Peter V : Far from the tree : From death, dysfunction, and twist of plot, this one has it all.

@Daysman : Note to self: Shows you don’t have to atone for past mistakes. Just relive them.

@BT Jones: Apathetic Adolescent: Yes. Some mothers do ‘ave ‘em.

*Vote*

@Astro PenStar Struck – an endearing love note of celestial proportions. Just lovely.

A big thank you to @Artoriarius for the vote!

Also thanks to @sule , @Lawrence Twiddy , and @Peter V for mentions!

Last edited:
Ooh! Another mention! Thanks, @nixie.

Okay here goes.

Short listed:

Love Hurts by @Bren G because it has such subtle hints of something more dangerous than a dragon, which the dragon does not see coming because he's lost carnal pleasure.

Jesus loves Tom by @chongjasmine because it points to the most loving and greatest of all relationships.

The Clone by @Wayne Mack because it asks a relationship question I had never considered, and did so out of love.

Prince Voriku by @Fiberglass Cyborg because it has such a crackerjack of a twist at the end.

Found by @Abernovo because it remembers that in time every downtrodden group gains vengeance of some kind.

The Serial Monogamist by @The Judge because it gives us a tongue in cheek (I hope!!) view of the future of relationships.

In the end the clever title and clever story with its wicked humor won the day. My vote goes to The Serial Monogamist.

My short list and *** favorite ***:

It's Complicated - Victoria Silverwolf
Far From the Tree - Peter V
You Can Run But You Can't Hide – nixie
Found – Abernovo
Kajar and the Romantic Interlude - M. Robert Gibson
Fingerlickin' Good - Perpetual Man
*** The Serial Monogamist or How You’ll Find Your Story’s Main Character In 2120 - The Judge ***
Rose Tinted Google-Glasses – Moonbat

A close race at this point, which is likely nearing the end of the votes cast. At present we have a tie between between @Luiglin and @mosaix. --- If you don't have a vote, you are in the majority. Almost 2/3's of the stories are sans votes.
I can see the vote I gave to @mosaix coming back to bite me on the backside :ROFLMAO: Not that I'd take it back :)

Honorable mentions
Star Struck - @Astro Pen
Et tu? - @G.T.
A name to be proud of - @farntfar
The Land Of The Blind - @Dan Jones
The Searcher - @johnnyjet

I genuinely could not separate these two. Both great complete little stories
Far From the Tree - @Peter V
For the Love of Evil - @JS Wiig

So I tossed a coin and, sorry @JS Wiig, the fates decreed I bestow my benevolence on @Peter V

Back