DISCUSSION THREAD -- JULY 2021 75 Word Writing Challenge

@Fiberglass Cyborg .... Prince Voriku .... F.C. brings us a generational dispute that crosses ages and cultures, and then it bops us in the nose with a walloping surprise.

@PigMonkey .... The problem with riddles .... P.M. gives us a clever piece about how the traditional answers to riddles do not answer the newest riddles.

IN (y)
Now I am going to try compile an idea from the 300 word image into its requirements for my virginity in that challenge.
Let's hope it condenses naturally without me having to get the shears out for a trim :)

I'm intrigued to see all the different ways people approach this challenge. Zoom right in or zoom right out. Focus on dialogue, or focus on description. Go for humour or go for poetry. Tell a tiny story or imply a huge story. And more!

[reads Rules] Damn, I was hoping to post a 5000-word explanation of my 75-worder here...

@nixie .... You Can Run But You Can't Hide .... Nixie gives us the very definition of an eye-worm; something you can't unsee.

My prediction has, thus far, come to pass. I got nothing. I think I'll go ask my roommate Wilson if he has any ideas...
Oh my, that comment just begs for something like "Tell Woodrow, Hi, for me." Or "Is Tim Taylor done talking to him yet?"

:sneaky: Sorry, couldn't resist.

@Hugh .... My Dragon .... Sometimes regression is a very good thing.

@mosaix .... Reunion .... Mosaix tells a tale of a cold, dark, death and a stone cold killer.

@johnnyjet .... The Searcher .... J. Jet tells a tale of love that is more forbidden than most.

@Abernovo .... Found .... Family is made of relationship not necessarily blood, family even if there is no blood indeed.

Lawrence Twiddy: Time can teach us to tolerate many things.

nixie: The Stendhal syndrome can strike without warning.

Hugh: Sometimes we have to grow up to appreciate our childhoods.

mosaix: Vengeance is not easily avoided.

johnnyjet: It takes a great deal of patience to find the perfect set of circumstances.

Parson: Absence can indeed make the heart grow fonder.

Abernovo: Families are not always determined by biology.

Thank you, Parson, and Victoria, for your reviews.

I've not often taken part in the challenges of late, but this idea popped into my head, and wouldn't shut up until it was let out.

I've put something in, I had a rather grim idea, but the brevity of the words means there is something missing and it might not carry in the way I intended.

But at the moment, it is more important to write anything and post than to write nothing

@Ian Fortytwo .... She shrugged her shoulders .... A story of little signals with much derived insight. Did it cost a pound of flesh?

@chrispenycate .... Kept it in the family .... A story in the service of good genetic choices, and bad ones.

@M. Robert Gibson .... Kajar and the Romantic Interlude .... A story which makes you rethink the emotional appeal of slipping your sword into a scabbard.

@Perpetual Man .... Fingerlickin' Good .... Asks the question "Will predators ever really understand their prey? and it's unmentioned but hinted at corollary, "What about humans understanding the natural world?"

@Elckerlyc .... You Have Mail! .... Elckerlyc reminds us that some relationships are doomed to fail for a variety of reasons and chief among them is when bad or indifferent news is portrayed as something incredibly good.

I'm in. A story for those bemused by certain standard writing advice. (Sorry for the weak pun in the title, but it amused me!)

Back