JULY 2021 75 Word Writing Challenge -- VICTORY TO LUIGLIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Love of Evil

Sweat trickled down the old man’s brow. With concealed knife he wove through the crowded ballroom towards the dark sorceress. Her wickedness would end tonight.

But memories flooded his thoughts, of holding her close, tight, loving. How had he failed her? He faltered and fell back towards the exit.

A word halted his retreat: “Father.” He faced his daughter, his once beautiful princess, the dark sorceress. Consumed by corruption, her knife did not falter.

Apathetic Adolescent

Mother pounded the bedroom door. “Wake up, Hugh! Bloody teenager.”

“Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?" groaned Hugh.

“To clean this bloody house, that’s why; it’s a hot mess.”

“You can’t order me around, you’re not my real mum,” grumbled Hugh.

“Yes, but it's my house; it says ‘Earth’ on the deed, not ‘Mann,'" snapped Mother. “Now get up or I’ll crank the heating another degree.”

Inside, Hugh turned up the air-con and pulled the duvet over his head.

Prince Voriku

49th Gruzig, 4674

Honoured Father,

Let me get straight to the point. I do not “despise” you. I have never enjoyed the Hunt. I only participated as it was one of the few ways I could spend any time with you. I cannot in conscience continue. This is perhaps a generational difference in our attitudes. The modern natural philosophers tell us that humans are barely less intelligent than people are.

Your loyal son

Prince Voriku.

The problem with riddles

I looked to the Sphinx incredulously, this was... sad. “The answer is 'man'. Dude, you’re imprisoned for eternity, and still using THAT riddle?"

It flustered. “But....”

“Get new material that’s two thousand years old. We’re slow, not dumb.”

“Your turn,” it showed a smile of flesh ripping teeth “fail to confound, and I will sate myself on your meat.”

“Sure, here it is. When is now? Good luck with that genius.”

Eternal Lovers

Barin followed sounds of adulterous pleasure, the rhythmic moans echoed the hallway leading him to the bedchamber.

Barin and his wife Pai were the last surviving immortals of Avalopia, their marriage was incomprehensibly old - eons.

Pai had her head between two long smooth legs.

The female’s rosy cheeked face who laid upon her back quickly turned to shock as Barin arrived beside her.

“Will you be staying for dinner?” He said with a welcoming smile.

Last edited:

You Can Run But You Can't Hide.
They always found me, no matter where I went, how many times I moved, they came, they watched, they terrified me.

I saw them in a gallery. I took them home, at first all was well. Then the dreams started endless parties and non stop dancing. I’d wake exhausted, friends thought I was on drugs.

I left them behind numerous times but they always found me, those bright paintings that beckon you in, drain your soul.

My Dragon
When I was six, a dragon lived at the end of the garden. Nobody else ever saw it and I never told anyone. It had wonderfully deep wise eyes and I loved looking into them.

Then school happened. I grew a thick skin and forgot about the dragon.

Now I’m almost seventy and shedding that skin, amazingly, the dragon has reappeared. It’d never gone away. It’s a great joy to look into those eyes again.

Reunion.

So, we’re all here. Mum and Dad. Sis with a tear in her eye. My bro, exchanging glances with my wife that they think go unnoticed.

But I’ve known for some time, so I made plans a while back. A visit from the boys coming soon.

No doubt she thinks this marks a new start for them what with me in a coffin, poisoned an’ all.

Not long now. See you soon, Sweetheart.

The Searcher

Pop!

She screamed when she saw him.

"Let me explain, my love. I come from a parallel universe where you died. I've been searching a long time for a universe where I died instead."

She rushed to him, stopped.

"Do I really know you?"

"We'll learn together."

They hugged.

Pop!

They screamed when they saw him.

"Let me explain. Wait! You're supposed to be dead."

"Go find another universe."

Pop, pop, pop, pop ...

Love Letters

Karolyn’s message from Sirius was written and received almost immediately. Cordon read her personal passionate prose, meant only for him. He longed to touch her and say “I love you.” But did those words mean anything at a century’s travel distance? Was passionate love irrevocably intertwined with physical presence?

For him, no answer was forthcoming.

He took the plunge: “I love you.”

“Are you crazy?” …………………………………………….. “Me too! I love you forever and for always.”

Found

"But that can't be your mother!"

Eva shrugged. "Well, she raised me for eighteen years. So, she is."

The guard pointed. "And them?"

"My siblings."

He twisted his face. "Two of them are not even human."

Eva leaned in. "Nor am I, according to your laws."

"Wh-? You're one of them?"

Her cybernetic fingers hit, and he collapsed. The force fields were lowered.

She turned. "Tonight, the emperor will fall. We face him as one."

She shrugged her shoulders.

She kept shrugging her shoulders every time I spoke to her. I was only asking for a date, I had recently found a vegan restaurant that was very popular.

In the end she agreed to go and I was over the moon.

The food was excellent, especially as it was my first vegan meal.

Just before we parted she kissed me on my neck.

So she was a meat eater as well.

Kept it in the family

Relations' in relationships, incestuous or bland
Siblings, offspring, cousins, gods
Pharaohs, being god descended, violently demand
Evolution destabilising sometimes succeeds against all odds.
With speed increase, mass generated by special relativity
Love genetic, opposites attract, love immunity,
Ancestors reinforcing, in generous proclivity.
I'm relatively certain of directions I'm proceeding
Not reinforcing tendencies my descendants won't be needing,
Relating to stockbreeders avoidance of inbreeding,
Impeding evolutionary change, diversity impeding.

Kajar and the Romantic Interlude

Kajar quietly closed the door behind him. "Alone at last, my darling, my love. Words cannot describe how much I adore you. You complete me. With you I feel whole. If I were to lose you, I don't think I could survive. Let me caress you. Kiss you. Make love to you."

Suddenly the door burst open and Kajar's wife stormed in. "Kajar! Put down that sword and come and help me with the dishes!"

Fingerlickin' Good

The Traxis67 Cataclysm, wiped out 90% of Terran life. Humanity almost saved the world by symbiotically bonding individuals with other species. While some bonded with raptors or big cats, I got a cow.

So, I wandered the wasteland, when three shapes emerged from the falling dust.

Lupine grinned at Vulpine, “What luck running into Bovine!”

Canine licked his lips, “Best steak I’ve ever eaten.”

“And the cow means we will have fresh milk for years!”

You Have Mail!

“We have found the perfect match for you! Absolutely stunning compatibility scores for 15 out of 16 segments of our unique Personality Chart! And, she is eager to meet you! In fact, your possible future bride is in transit right now!!! ETA is 21 to
years, due to the unstable phase Betelgeuse is currently displaying. (Yes, that is a hint about her point of origin!)
Interspecific relationships will rapidly become trendy! Be the first!”

The Serial Monogamist
or
How You’ll Find Your Story’s Main Character In 2120

“He was tall, ruggedly handsome.”
She kept him a week. Good to look at. Outside the bedroom, nul points.​
“Smiling, he kissed her hand.”
He lasted a highly enjoyable fortnight. Commitment problems. No long-term prospects.​
“He brought out handcuffs.”
Five minutes. File permanently deleted.​
“He was happy to cook, and he washed up afterwards.”
Four weeks and counting. A keeper.​
Her account with Make Your Characters REALLY Come To Life PLC was worth every penny.​

Rose Tinted Google-Glasses

It was going well, we were enjoying ourselves.

Then water hit my face.
The whole world blurred, then returned...but different.

The restaurant was dirty, cluttered, cramped and obscene.
The half-eaten food on my plate looked inedible.
My date was ugly, her face was false behind unskilled and unrestrained surgery.
She was still talking.
Her words were ugly too, the conversation was about her. She was dull.

Reality had returned, my world was...unfiltered!

A Different Sort of Relationship

“On seeing your ships arrive, we were worried,” said the Hyva, speaking from her bridge. “It’s a relief we can’t live on each other’s colony worlds.”
“We thought the same,” said Governor Larsson over the link from his ship. “Sharing the development of this system will be like putting the elation into relationship.”
“Indeed.”

Once the link closed, the Hyva turned to her deputy. “And you’re sure they taste good?”
“And breed like smeerps.”

Last edited:
This challenge is now closed to new entries.

The poll will be opened soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.