DISCUSSION THREAD -- July 2021 -- 300 Word Writing Challenge #42

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
Supporter
Doubtless everyone is agog to find out the inspiration image for this quarter's 300 Worder...

... well, you'll have to wait a bit longer. The thread is half-ready but I need someone competent to come along and add the image -- I had enough trouble trying to get the words done and set out right!

The image, found by TDZ, is absolutely stupendous, though, and well worth waiting for! So watch this space!

Wings?
1625143459619.png

I'll bet it's the first genuine picture of Nessie.

I believe the relevant dates for the current challenge may need to be updated.

Not a fault of my incompetence for once, as my original version -- minus the image -- had the dates correct, as I took care to change them, as I'd goofed before with that. The thread clearly took umbrage as I was berating it for being a pain in the posterior as far as colours and font size were concerned, and taking a leaf out of last month's 75 worder decided to play a trick on me!!

All I can say WOW! That is a crackerjack of a picture. I have so many thoughts running through my head I've had to upload a brain wave router to make sure the right ideas get to the right area.

---- Sadly, this likely means I'll be dithering for weeks about what to enter.

I try to not use the 'A' word too often, because it dates me horribly, but that picture is awesome!
Great find by TDZ. Now to think of a story...

ps - I would REALLY like to see a 300 word Challenge based on that Wings photo. ;)

Aaaand that's why I love these challenges. The pictures are never predictable and the stories they inspire are refreshing.

Now to let it settle for a few days before reviewing it.

I've really enjoyed the smaller challenges and this will be my first 300 :love: and I must say the image is gesticulating some rather profound ideas which I will let marinate in my head and hopefully cook up a storm of an idea... mmmm I'm hungry now.

farntfar: The intimate nature of this story's narrative style draws the reader into the heart and soul of its protagonist. Through this technique, the subtle implications of the final sentence become truly profound, forcing the reader to ponder them carefully.