6.15 USS Pennsylvania

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
missile launch.JPG

I don't know how much damage 10 nuclear warheads can inflict on the planet, but I'm guessing things will take a turn for the worse for anyone caught above ground when they start their return runs.
I'm assuming that Teddy hasn't overlooked something in his master plan, like a self-destruct button hidden under the control panel or an expired “use by” date on the MIRV. If the sub was among the targets programmed, Morgan and Co. will be the first to know how well Teddy's plan worked.
I thought Strand throwing Morgan into a pack of walkers to escape, only to have Morgan pop back on screen to keep Dakota from giving Stand his well-deserved ending was cheap drama. Worse, Morgan didn't even seem properly annoyed at Strand's treachery.
Apparently, Strand can't be killed. Maybe Dakota, the new weather vane character, will get another opportunity to take him out.
The battle to get to the control room seemed to lack intensity A walker here, a couple of walkers there, instead of all 150 crew members massed together. Were they all at their general quarters stations when they were somehow sealed into the sub?

This series has had some brilliant episodes, this one was a damp squib.
Not enough tension, Morgan's obsession with being the only one who had to die was starting to grate on me, Strand throwing him to the walkers to complete the mission seemed more like something the writers threw in to remind us who Strand used to be. Didn't really fit with his recent behaviour.
Then up pops Dakota to kill Strand only to be stopped by Morgan, not believable.
Letting Teddy and Riley walk, another mistake, the Strand we know would have ignored Morgan's order to let them go.
I also agree Morgan should have been a lot angrier.
The missiles will probably turn out to be duds.

I'm assuming that Teddy hasn't overlooked something in his master plan, like a self-destruct button hidden under the control panel
I couldn't believe the nuke was launched. That does seem like the end. No going back from that. However, the camera shot panning over to a close up of one of the keys in the lock means we can expect something like that.
If the sub was among the targets programmed, Morgan and Co. will be the first to know how well Teddy's plan worked.
Teddy and co. were expecting to die so while he was vague about the 10 targets, one must be nearby.
Apparently, Strand can't be killed. Maybe Dakota, the new weather vane character, will get another opportunity to take him out.
The battle to get to the control room seemed to lack intensity
This series has had some brilliant episodes, this one was a damp squib.
Yes, Morgan should have taken Strand out of play. However, the ending was the worst part. It was a two part episode and everything is clearly to come next week. This was just filler. I was looking forward to finally seeing the sub too.

Morgan's obsession with being the only one who had to die was starting to grate on me
The point was belaboured and Rachel's acting in shock at his apparent death was very wooden.
Letting Teddy and Riley walk, another mistake,
Huge mistake. Even if they stop the nukes (and we really don't expect this to be the end of the world) then they will set up shop again with some other loon scheme.
he Strand we know would have ignored Morgan's order to let them go.
Yes, it was out of character, certainly.

I guess we are meant to think that killing them is pointless as everyone is going to die anyway, but there is another season confirmed already, so that isn't going to happen. Well, unless we skip ahead thousands of years to "Planet of the Apes", with the Statue of Liberty sticking out of the beach.

I was wrong about the sub being in a desert. It was just beached on the edge of the seashore, but when they showed it earlier in the season they never showed the sea.

Back