New SST by 2029...

So Concorde lives again.
How about bringing back the DeHavilland Dragon Rapide and the Lockheed Constellation not to mention the Comet and the Brabazon!
Ah... The Bristol Brabazon "The Ritz of the skies!"
Why not go the whole way and bring back the transatlantic Seaplanes, the Boeing Clipper or the Shorts Empire [although it may need a different name]. If you don't go, fast go comfy!

Yes bring back the good old Imperial and Pan Am flying boats, now that was flying in style!

In a SF story I read once someone had a Ford Trimotor, the only airplane Ford built, I think they still do flights over the Grand Canyon with these!

P.S. To be honest I don't see SSTs being really practical, what about the problem of the supersonic boom overland, imagine what that would be like if everything flew supersonicly!
Bang, bang, bang all day long!
Maybe sub-orbital is the answer, but there again you have what is essentially a very large rocket taking off every five minutes or so, plus they can only be used for very distant travel.
So I think today's solution of a relatively slower transport but carrying a much larger amount of passengers is probably the only way to go, that is until they invent teleportation!

Last edited:
There was/is a company in Switzerland offering flights around the Alps in Ju52/3m. I really want to fly on that.

My own (model)Ju 52. Planes were so much more stylish back then. You could call it air-deco;)
7DF6B837-8A55-4E09-8C93-69912E7ECA5C.jpeg

Back