Sad news

I knew things were not well with him, but this caught me by surprise. He was a man with a vision for sure.

Sad news.
I never had any dealings with him as a publisher, although I was aware of many of you writers who benefited from his help to get going.
I interacted with him in the threads though, and found him always to be a kind and intelligent bloke.

That is sad. He was a real character. It would perhaps be the realisation of his fondest wish to know that when I think of him, I think of Del-Boy Trotter. (And basset hounds.)

That is sad news. He seemed like a really nice guy, and he did a lot of good for the writers on this site.

I just heard, today. Wow, what a shock. I knew he wasn't well but I thought it was under control. Gary was a man of many contradictions, but with a very big heart. I will miss him.

I only heard this news today, on the back of hearing of the recent passing of Simon Marshall Jones, who ran Spectral Press before Gary attempted to rescue that publisher (with very mixed results). Gary was very much a wheeler-dealer sort. I remember helping to set up his table at Edge-Lit on his sole appearance there and being over-awed by the sheer quantity of books he had printed to sell.