INVINCIBLE

Jeffbert

Also found this on an email about streaming PRIME STUFF. 8 episodes so far, and my comments include, DID NOT SEE THAT COMING, & BRUTAL.

In a world filled with super-powered people, though the masses are not so, there are organizations similar to those from MARVEL & DC. We are seeing the home life of one in particular, OMNIMAN, whose son, is coming of age & gaining his own super powers. OMNIMAN, is a space alien, who had apparently been sent to Earth by his home planet, for friendly purposes. People on his home planet are all super beings. He married an Earth woman, etc. The son, voiced by one of Negan's victims, Steven Y???? has his school life on screen, much as PETER PARKER did.

Eagerly awaiting more episodes.

As someone who finds Kirkman a bit overhyped, it's pretty good. It's more Mark Millar than Watchmen in the way it deals with an adult take on superheroes, but its good fun, for sure. Far better than Millar's own Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix!

Also found this on an email about streaming PRIME STUFF. 8 episodes so far, and my comments include, DID NOT SEE THAT COMING, & BRUTAL.

In a world filled with super-powered people, though the masses are not so, there are organizations similar to those from MARVEL & DC. We are seeing the home life of one in particular, OMNIMAN, whose son, is coming of age & gaining his own super powers. OMNIMAN, is a space alien, who had apparently been sent to Earth by his home planet, for friendly purposes. People on his home planet are all super beings. He married an Earth woman, etc. The son, voiced by one of Negan's victims, Steven Y???? has his school life on screen, much as PETER PARKER did.

Eagerly awaiting more episodes.
I enjoyed that a lot as well. The plot twist at the end of the first episode caught me.

With the exception of Omini Man and his son, all characters are bland, but they're all weird enough to be interesting. I really like that villain who keeps cloning himself, and the clones always think they're the real ones so we actually never know :ROFLMAO: .

Anti-heroes and flawed super-heroes are trending these days. The Boys is also on Amazon and has basically the same idea (though I prefer Invincible). There's also Brightburn (2018), The Tick (live action series also an Amazon Prime original, but it has an animated series from 1994), Hancock (2008), The Suicide Squad (2021)...those are only the ones I can name off the top of my head so I believe there's more.

I was super saturated on the Super Hero genre, felt like every month another super hero movie came out...

So when I saw Invincible showing up in my feed, I was like "meh" whatever...

Thank god I watched the first episode all the way to the end. I was hooked!!!

Absolutely phenomenal series, must see TV!!! Can't recommend it enough!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T General TV Discussion 6