THE EXPANSE, just started watching it

Jeffbert

I find this show compelling; the 1st night I watched eps 1 - 3. Learned of its existence via an email link about 10 best PRIME shows to stream. Soon to finish s1.

I ran across it last year and found it compelling. I thought the first season started out slowly and built from there. I hope you find the same thing. Be ready to be surprised.

I thought this was just great for the first season, then a slow decline into "ehh I can't take anymore". I think I stopped watching mid 3rd season, the writing really seemed uninspired at that point. Really cool stuff early on, though!

Without going into spoilers there were some things in the early episodes that I really didn't like, but they got sorted out. It may have dipped a bit by the end of the pen-ultimate season, but I am still sincerely looking forward to the last season. Maybe December?

I watched the entire series back to back a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I don't think that its the best SF show i have ever seen, and suspect that it is quite overrated by some, but it was good.

I agree about Holden. A very one dimensional character.

I've been on it since season One. Agreed about Holden not being the most compelling character but I think the rest of the cast makes up for it. It's good to see a show which has a bit of depth and some genuine sci-fi themes running through it. Love the ships design and the use of Zero-G / the experience of walking in different gravitational environments.

I've been on it since season One. Agreed about Holden not being the most compelling character but I think the rest of the cast makes up for it. It's good to see a show which has a bit of depth and some genuine sci-fi themes running through it. Love the ships design and the use of Zero-G / the experience of walking in different gravitational environments.
Yes, also I ship Chrisjen and Amos and love the way Alex and Bobbie are getting on... haven't seen all of season 5 yet...

Some episodes in s2 reminded me of an element borrowed from Asimov's CAVES OF STEEL. The Martian who had come to Earth, was told that for her to be exposed to the open air, would be too much for her to handle. The enormity of the Earth, beheld by someone who had been living inside all her life, etc.