Gloss or matte cover for POD, and why it can make a difference

I greatly appreciate this...
Maybe not for you but for others that may not be the case - at the moment I sell more paperbacks than kindle
...which is to say that I feel for you in respect to if you want to do something about it--presently you would have to find a POD publisher who offers you a choice of cardstock and I've yet to locate one. Right now it seems out of our control unless you want to go to a printer near you and order direct--which usually requires a substantial size order(at least where I am because I almost did that until they gave me the price of the minimum order.)

It's an odd Printing issue as far as I can tell(concerning Amazon)because presently I have 5 copies each of the last three books published through Amazon and of those the first two books, all coming from the same printing house, lie perfectly flat while one out of the five last volume which comes from a different print house wants to pop-up at a very slight angle[probably less than 5 degree].

I've never seen any curl up as bad as some descriptions here although of other author books that I've bought from amazon one is about 90 degree pitch and that's the worst and it was the most expensive of all of them and it in no way impeded my ability to enjoy the book. And I can't say for certain that it was an issue when I received the book as much as it was after I read it.

I'm not sure that a less than 5 degree pitch I've seen on the one of mine would be enough to devalue the books and so far that has been pretty rare in both the review copies I've received for my book and the actual finished product I've ordered for my own personal distribution.

Just recalled I have 8 copies of my first book third edition that was done by createspace of those there are 4 proof copies and the only ones that don't lie flat are the ones I used in the proof to highlight necessary edits. They have that 5 degree pitch.