May / June 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion

Though I May Live Forever - a poem which ponders the difference between two types of immortality, physical and reputational (i.e. fame).

The Definition of Life - immortality can mean an eternity of regret.

This topic has produced a lot of really interesting work. It has been fascinating to see how people have been thinking it through, from the dictionary definition of the word ‘immortal’, through a range of fantastical, polemical and amusing scenarios, to some really thoughtful analyses of the impact it could have on individuals and society. Have I missed anything?

Hats off to @Daysman for choosing such an inspiring theme/topic. With more than a month left before the challenge closes, I wonder where it will go from here?

Last edited:
Where Dreams Come True - there are old adventurers and there are bold adventurers, but there are no old, bold adventurers.

Meeting No. 2,987,087 - eternity allows ample room for a feud to fester, but since werewolves and vampires can both be killed (silver bullet/stake through the heart) you’d think they would make more of an effort...

Omnia - when everything you value has dwindled and disappeared, you may welcome your own dissolution.

Why Masterpieces Sometimes Remain Unfinished - because the powerful take offence.

Only Nothing Is Forever - immortality can be a curse.

Thank you for your comment, though it is fiction and who knows, the original disease name could have changed over the ages. :)
While it was interesting to learn from @Valtharius that the Latin conjugation of the disease’s name was wrong, the response from @elvet (above) seemed about right to me. Still, it raises a point which has been bothering me for a while.

This is the thread for discussions, comments and reviews of the stories. Victoria Silverwolf has been writing reviews, and Valtharius has made a comment. What kind of discussion is intended to take place when critiques of writing are not supposed to have any negative content unless the text has been specifically submitted for review?

Thank you for your comment, though it is fiction and who knows, the original disease name could have changed over the ages. :)
True, but I am a stickler for tradition ;)

While it was interesting to learn from @Valtharius that the Latin conjugation of the disease’s name was wrong, the response from @elvet (above) seemed about right to me. Still, it raises a point which has been bothering me for a while.
Declension not conjugation. Conjugation is for verbs. Declension is for nouns and adjectives.

And yes, I am aware of how pedantic I sound right now :cool:

This is the thread for discussions, comments and reviews of the stories. Victoria Silverwolf has been writing reviews, and Valtharius has made a comment. What kind of discussion is intended to take place when critiques of writing are not supposed to have any negative content unless the text has been specifically submitted for review?
There is an added difficuly of 'discussion ' here in that the author cannot openly participate in any discourse regarding their work, or defend their decisions.

Difficult Hats - Laurel and Hardy return for another final tour.

So who is this Grod fella anyway? - he’s someone who knows when to keep his head down!

There is an added difficuly of 'discussion ' here in that the author cannot openly participate in any discourse regarding their work, or defend their decisions.
I hadn’t thought of that! But it did occur to me that ‘liking’ a review of a story suggests you are the author, so I guess defending an author‘s intentions during a discussion is highly likely to suggest the same thing. Difficult!

Apart from the excellent quality of writing we have on offer this challenge, the ideas about immortality that have been brought up have certainly got me thinking. I'd love to live forever IF I... wouldn't grow old or sick... had friends and family with me...witnessed an ecological revival...had a good standard of living...could remember the past...
We humans don't demand much. :whistle: