The Magic Cottage by James Herbert (1986)

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
IMG_20210330_182152-01_copy_1024x1330.jpeg

Hmm I think I read this years ago, but reading it again now I can understand why I don't remember it-its not very memorable. Nothing happens until around page 200, and even then its tenuous.
And after describing a scene or event the author has an annoying habit of adding another phrase in brackets, as if to add extra description to that scene or event. (like this, just to make sure you understand things)
Totally unnecessary, making the book seem like a non fiction work, and it gets old quickly!

Definitely not of one his best.
If you're expecting Herbert-esque horror, look elsewhere.

View attachment 77630

Hmm I think I read this years ago, but reading it again now I can understand why I don't remember it-its not very memorable. Nothing happens until around page 200, and even then its tenuous.
And after describing a scene or event the author has an annoying habit of adding another phrase in brackets, as if to add extra description to that scene or event. (like this, just to make sure you understand things)
Totally unnecessary, making the book seem like a non fiction work, and it gets old quickly!

Definitely not of one his best.
If you're expecting Herbert-esque horror, look elsewhere.

Ive read his novel Shrine which is a terrific novel . It coming-out as a film titled The Unholy and based on the previews , it looks pretty good .

Yes I heard about that, and I think I read it years ago (I don't have a copy myself)

By Him Ive also read The Rats which I quite liked . He knows how a wrote a good Horror story.

Back