10.22: The Walking Dead- Here's Negan.

The closest we've seen to self sacrifice is when Judith went after dog during the blizzard, Negan didn't think twice about the danger he went and got her back.

If Negan is going to go in a blaze of glory, it won't be for the community, it will be for one of the kids.
Even at his worse he had always shown empathy for the young.

I never got that Negan was an evil character. I always viewed him in the light of say A Dark Age Warlord forging his kingdom. Doing awful things in a terrible time. Not a nice character, yet he could command loyalty. However at all times he would do the unthinkable to win and survive. He was a typical proto type for an emerging feudal lord. The world he lived in demanded that, or that is the way he saw it. Rick's group declared war on him not the other way round. That in part was sort of the genius of the series. For once our heroes are the antagonists and they lost...for a time.

But just like in real history nascent feudal states rise, fall and develop. As is happening in Alexandria now. Will Negan be part of that? Stranger things have happened. Who would you want leading Maggie or Negan? And is there role for both of them?

I loved this episode.

I never got that Negan was an evil character. I always viewed him in the light of say A Dark Age Warlord forging his kingdom. Doing awful things in a terrible time.
Did you ever see the TV series Into the Badlands? If you went forward a few hundred years, the Saviours could have easily become a one of the feudal lands controlled by a Baron like Negan, with his cog and doll slaves, and clipper enforcers. Not so much evil as corrupted by power.

Who would you want leading Maggie or Negan? And is there role for both of them?

I'm not sure about Maggie, but I'm certain that Negan is more useful for the group then her, just because he is able and willing to go that extra mile. Like for example killing Alpha and not leaving the county instead. Maggie is more of a mother or a matriarch figure. So in terms of what the group needs, Negan brings more in table than Maggie (if you don't count in Maggie's followers). Maybe it's time for her to prove that she's the thing, but how?

If Negan lead it would be easy for him to fall into bad habits (to put it kindly). Knowing that scarring or killing someone worked for him before for a time.

I suppose the action going on around Eugene, Princess etc may lead to the other group coming over to Alexandria area to take over. Negan would likely fight them if he was leader.

Talking of leadership, Maggie has been gone to long, Negan can't be trusted.
A council would be better, have elections, hope that Carol or Gabriel don't get voted in. Not a perfect solution, you would need an uneven number, a chairperson to have the deciding vote, I'd also curtail the chairperson's power by rotating the position every few months. I'd like to see the council made up of people like Jerry and Rosita.

The only two I could see as overall leaders are Aaron and Yumiko.

Though there is a council. Some members have been lost, but Gabriel is the head.

Came across this in my hunt. The Whisperers had cows and horses. They were more organised then what was shown in the series.

lCUh4m1.jpg

Negan on finding out that they'd not locked his cell.
QMqq5Ra.jpg

9o42x2H.jpg

Alpha threatens Rick with her horde.
uuy6Qlf.jpg

The original Council (Rick, Andrea, Jesus, Michonne and what's his name...)
MMLbof4.jpg

Negan telling Rick that he should be used as a weapon
2mbkxgb.jpg

So essentially there is no Council that tells Rick "It's over buddy, take it easy..." as he keep living on unlike in the series, but when it comes to him being the warmonger, they form a Council and decide to tell people how serious the issue has become.

All while Negan has been sitting in the cell at Rick's basement and giving him a council. Afterwards it is Rick who releases the beast or rather he looks away when Negan does Negan.

Brr! I had a comic addiction, if it could be called that. Don't want to repeat that error. Thanks for sharing those scans, ctg. TV Negan is the only Negan for me. A close-trimmed beard just works. Just enough so I don't need to shave, not so much as to be cumbersome.

Reactions: ctg