What Are the Best Theodore Sturgeon Short Stories?

Guttersnipe

mortal ally
I personally have only read "Bianca's Hands", "The Professor's Teddy Bear", "The Other Celia", and "The Bones." Which are your favorites of his, and what should I read if I want to read something quintessential to his style?

Don't remember what it's about but I probably enjoyed "Thunder And Roses" more than anything else I've read by Sturgeon though admittedly I haven't read all that much by him. "Killdozer" is pretty good also.

I haven't read a lot of Sturgeon, but besides some of the ones already mentioned, I enjoyed "Microscopic God" (which feels like a precursor of one of George R. R. Martin's most well-known stories), "It" and "Slow Sculpture."

Thunder and Roses
When You're Smiling
Saucer of Loneliness (stunning)
Slow Sculpture
Mewhu's Jet
Mr Costello, Hero

I'd go for Saucer of Loneliness.

Why don't you buy the complete thirteen volume set of his short stories then you can see for your self!
Ah the joys of Amazon, what a wondrous age we live in!

I really like "How to Kill Aunty". As you've read "The Professor's Teddybear", you can probably take "The Girl Had Guts", which is pretty horrifying as well. Note it's a novella, or near-enough.

It Read this one years ago in Alfred Hitchcock anthology. It was written in 1940 . Its a Horror story and a very good one .

Killdozer The story was quite good . The 1974 film adaptation , not so good,

This is not an opinion, but a fact: "The Man Who Lost the Sea" is strongly in the running for the best science fiction short story of the twentieth century.

Others:

Thunder and Roses
The Golden Helix
Mr. Costello, Hero
Bianca’s Hands
The Skills of Xanadu
Killdozer!
Bright Segment
The Sex Opposite
[The Widget], [The Wadget], and Boff
It
A Way of Thinking