DISCUSSION THREAD -- APRIL 2021 75-WORD WRITING CHALLENGE

Try DeepL and you will be surprised. Anyway, I solved the problem and my texts will be in English from now in the future.

Thanks for the effort to read me with the translator. Anyway, I solved the problem and my texts will be in English from now on. You know DeepL?

Thanks for the effort to read my story...
I read your story too, @Sinergio; I copied and pasted it into Google Translate. It was interesting, even though I am sure that a cold, robotic translation programme will steal some of the warmth and humanity from what you wanted to say.

There were many stories I enjoyed this month, but one that was a clear favorite for me.
My shortlist would include:
reddishbird, Perpetual Man, Peter V, sule, johnnyjet, M. Robert Gibson, chrispenycate and Sibergio.

My clear favorite, and my vote:
mosaix. Truly clever, and perfectly paced. Loved it!

Thanks kindly to the folks who listed my story. :) Best of luck to all in the voting... looks to be a close one, CC

I read your story too, @Sinergio; I copied and pasted it into Google Translate. It was interesting, even though I am sure that a cold, robotic translation programme will steal some of the warmth and humanity from what you wanted to say.
My second contribution I have been able to upload in English, although I don't know if my poor command of the language won't end up hurting my stories in this space. Anyway, I will keep trying. Thanks for your compliments.

Apologies, @Sinergio... I spelled your name incorrectly in my shortlistings. I translated your story using Google Translate, and thought it was a very fine entry, CC

No problem. I use that nickname in honor of the SF magazine I edited in the 1980s, SINERGIA.

Wow, surprised and very pleased to receive a vote, amongst so many fine stories. Thanks so much, Lawrence Twiddy! Thanks very much, farntfar, for the listing. :)

I cannot read Spanish and Google translate is rubbish.

As I don't understand Spanish, it at least allowed me to get the gist of a good entry. CC

G.T. dwells in the city of poetics and futurity.

Elckerlyc dwells in the city of antiquity and isolation.

Sinergio habita en la ciudad de la humildad y la oceanografía.

Ursa major dwells in the city of despotism and irony.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My apologies for being away from the computer and unable to vote. Many congratulations to Perpetual Man for a hard-fought victory, and to the many people who came very close.

Back