DISCUSSION THREAD -- APRIL 2021 75-WORD WRITING CHALLENGE

Are you thinking it should be like a twelve, or maybe a twenty?

As an aside, what happened to the “Preview” button?

I'm guessing that you mean that as a joke, (and with my math skill a missing digit is not unlikely), but on the off chance you don't know; a digit is another way of speaking of a finger or a thumb.

Yes it was a joke. Sorry, sometimes my senses of humor can be a bit...off.

Ok, I had been struggling with this theme and, despite it only being a few days into the month, had given up. I'd planned to come at the end, vote and look forward to the May offering.

Yet, a strange work conversation with @Daysman that came out of a bizarre email we'd both received ended up with me coming up with a character name. That name then got twisted so part of the inspiration for my entry has to go to @Daysman, let me just say... Cheers.

@Daysman .... Abroad .... In the future city crimes of the shadow are pursued in every sense remotely.

@Luiglin .... You want to be where everybody knows your name .... Turns Cheers into Jeers.

@Michael Bickford .... Rehab City .... Sometimes a city's rebirth is nothing less than a rebirth.

@sule .... Epitaph .... Reminds us that it is very dangerous dealing with tools who are smarter than you are.

@BT Jones .... Amendment X .... In a world with the rule of law, the rule that the law enforces can be capricious as long as the enforcement is unseen.

@Bren G .... What is Old is New Again .... a timely reminder that the only thing permanent is change.

@Wayne Mack .... New Chicago .... in New Chicago something is moving, but is it progressing?

@Dan Jones .... It's Up To You... .... is a story that makes me want to sing a song a bit too glorious for it's namesake.

@pyan .... Quercus perit... .... Pyan tells the perfect tale of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

---------------

Halloo? Anyone here? Parson looks around and then looks back. He's the only one to post here in nearly a week. Maybe this thread is haunted?

@pyan .... Quercus perit... .... Pyan tells the perfect tale of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

---------------

Halloo? Anyone here? Parson looks around and then looks back. He's the only one to post here in nearly a week. Maybe this thread is haunted?
Bump

It's Up To You...
From Ebb & Kandor, to Liza, to Frank, to Dan Jones, a great song moves into the future. Love that song!
Can't help but see another mayor Rudi torn apart.
Very clever.

Just posted a little while ago. The Muse showed up at my door step this morning.

@Victoria Silverwolf Thanks for the challenge. Nice idea. I'm looking forward to see your story, as well as many others.

Daysman dwells in the city of crime and punishment.

Luiglin dwells in the city of conformity and rebellion.

Michael Bickford dwells in the city of endings and beginnings.

sule dwells in the city of automation and admonishment.

BT Jones dwells in the city of limits and decimation.

Bren G dwells in the city of deity and disaster.

Wayne Mack dwells in the city of machines and isolation.

Dan Jones dwells in the city of invasion and resistance.

Parson dwells in the city of ambitions and family.

pyan dwells in the city of loss and memory.

Starbeast dwells in the city of nostalgia and reminiscence.

johnnyjet dwells in the city of security and entrapment.

I'm liking the dark themes in this collection :)

Interesting that the Cities theme has led to a fair number of dystopian stories.

i'm in. off on holiday tomorrow so thought i'd better get a story up before i forgot about everything that doesn't involve trying to get young kids to enjoy their holiday...

Back