The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

Yeah, I'm hanging in there. Which is more than I can say for Superman and Lois. What a steaming great load of :poop: . FaWS is okay, but is looking fairly predictable at the moment. I'll give it a little more time and see what happens.

I watched both but I don't have energy to making a thread about it. It's just one of those series I like to watch when I can. Same thing applies to Debris.
I've also been watching Debris.
It has a nice SF premise, but the rest has been mostly paranormal. I may not stick with it.

IMdSPlL.jpg

I should have known, my interest died away after watching the third episode, I won't be watching anymore. The Marvel series seem to follow the same pattern.

My 12 year-old is a big MCU fan so we (belatedly) watched this all the way through. The peak was episode 4, I think, were the above screenshot comes from. Overall, however, it was patchy. It had some major issues with consistency of tone, and some of the character interplay didn't ring true. Also, some plot points felt a little laboured. Great theme tune, though, and some decent action scenes, but definitely a missed opportunity to enlarge upon some of the more political themes covered (and done so much better) in Captain America Winter Soldier and Civil War. I'm also not sure how I feel about the racial theme. As a privileged white man, it's probably not my place to say, but I didn't think it was necessary to try and reframe the story as a civil rights issue. I didn't feel they needed to justify having a black man as an iconic superhero. Fans would have accepted it, I'm sure. I'm just not sure it was the right platform but, again, that's me speaking as someone that's never been on the receiving end of racial discrimination.

As a privileged white man, it's probably not my place to say, but I didn't think it was necessary to try and reframe the story as a civil rights issue. I didn't feel they needed to justify having a black man as an iconic superhero. Fans would have accepted it, I'm sure. I'm just not sure it was the right platform but, again, that's me speaking as someone that's never been on the receiving end of racial discrimination.

I thought it was more of BLM issue than a civil rights one. But thing is, they showed that the grass is same colour on both sides of the fence and nobody got out scott-free. Everyone had to pay one way or another. It is also equally intriguing that Bucky/Falcon theme continued in the latest episode of "What If...?" even though there was no need for it. Cpt A was alive, before he turned to a zombie and therefore the relationship wasn't there, unlike in this one where they built one.