Finalizing a plot for my WIP 'The End of Future Days'

Cli-Fi

John J. Falco
Hey guys I am back after a long hiatus away but thanks to the pandemic and the topsy-turvy job market, I am finally in a place with a stable environment, my own place and the time to think about the plot for this story so here it goes:

Johnny McIntyre’s mundane life takes an unexpected turn into the strange and unusual when a mysterious creature crashes into his time machine on the way home from work. While nursing the animal back to health he finds that people are suddenly falling into a daze of peaceful happiness. As more and more time travelers are affected by this trancelike state a misguided attempt to fulfill an ancient prophecy one thousand years in the making sparks new alliances in the upper echelons of the Temporal Consortium. Uncomfortable with the dark whispers of war, Casey Abrams betrays the Royal Abrams family bloodline to tell Johnny that the animal must go back home before these evil forces rip the space time continuum to shreds. The past, present, and future of America’s hidden history of the development of time travel reveals clues on how they can find the wounded creature’s home before it is too late.

I am open to critiques or suggestions. Some of this may look familiar to those I have interacted with before on this forum.

Welcome back, John. I love a good time travel yarn and this sounds like a ripper. The time is ticking, sorry, bad pun, and John must find a way to undo the damage. I hope you know how, because I don't have a clue. That is a good thing, BTW. I don't know what you are looking for here. That premise sounds terrific.
I look forward to reading your completed novel.

Last edited:
Well, I'd love to be able to help but I'm afraid I don't have enough items. The idea is good; but since I do not know how the Temporal Consortium works, and well, I suppose that Casey Abrams must be a kind of friend of the MC, I do not see clearly the relationship of the creature or if there is with this of the prophecy and such a war.
For the rest, I tend to distrust plots because I know that they change in one way or another. It's like when one of my children tells me what he plans to do on his class field trip. I even once reviewed a novel where I said to its author, "Hey, Clive can't be the killer - he was on the other side of the country the night it happened." My friend stared at me and just said, "Oh my God." Things like that happen all the time. So the boy had to rebuild several chapters, change paragraphs, apply a complete re-engineering.
Obviously a summary of the previous novel could serve to better understand the elements.
Sorry for not being able to be of more help. :rolleyes:

Well, I'd love to be able to help but I'm afraid I don't have enough items. The idea is good; but since I do not know how the Temporal Consortium works, and well, I suppose that Casey Abrams must be a kind of friend of the MC, I do not see clearly the relationship of the creature or if there is with this of the prophecy and such a war.
For the rest, I tend to distrust plots because I know that they change in one way or another. It's like when one of my children tells me what he plans to do on his class field trip. I even once reviewed a novel where I said to its author, "Hey, Clive can't be the killer - he was on the other side of the country the night it happened." My friend stared at me and just said, "Oh my God." Things like that happen all the time. So the boy had to rebuild several chapters, change paragraphs, apply a complete re-engineering.
Obviously a summary of the previous novel could serve to better understand the elements.
Sorry for not being able to be of more help. :rolleyes:

That's OK there is a lot of moving parts here that I have played around with. I tried a bunch of different plots until I was satisfied with this one.

Essentially what happens is that when the abilities of the creature become front page news, that's when the politicians at the consortium get involved to first attempt to fulfill the prophecy and use the creature to do so but then other factions also seek to destroy it or erase it from existence.

The lore is that this creature is part of an ancient race of beings that makes time travel possible and that they are in charge of the "Constant events or people" that help keep the timeline in tact.

Welcome back, John. I love a good time travel yarn and this sounds like a ripper. The time is ticking, sorry, bad pun, and John must find a way to undo the damage. I hope you know how, because I don't have a clue. That is a good thing, BTW. I don't know what you are looking for here. That premise sounds terrific.
I look forward to reading your completed novel.

I just read your feedback, IDK if you remember all the writing I did for this in the past and if that helped you get a better idea of it than @DLCroix but I'm just putting the finishing touches on this plot and should be able to pump out the rest of the story pretty easily. If enough people like the idea, and they seem to. I hope to get this published in the traditional way.