Aliens genetically modifying humans?

Krul

I want to find this book, i only briefly remember the plot, it’s about Humans colonizing Mars then Aliens genetically modifying them through multiple stages until humans become terrifying creatures and their evolution.

Could this be All Tomorrows by C. M. Koseman? It was published online (only) in 2006. From the Wiki entry: "Following the colonization of Mars, a brief but catastrophic civil war takes place between Mars and Earth. ... Humans then encounter a malevolent and superior alien race called the Qu. The Qu's religion motivates them to remake the universe through genetic engineering [and they] bioengineer the surviving humans as punishment into a range of exotic forms, many of them unintelligent".

I want to find this book, i only briefly remember the plot, it’s about Humans colonizing Mars then Aliens genetically modifying them through multiple stages until humans become terrifying creatures and their evolution.
Could you be referring to Ray Bradbury's the Martian Chronicles?

Could you be referring to Ray Bradbury's the Martian Chronicles?
I don’t think this is the Martian Chronicles. The change of humans into Martians is altogether more gentle, and appears to happen naturally.

Is it definitely Mars that you remember?
Your brief plot description makes me think of The Vang; The Military Form by Christopher Rowley

In Babylon/5 the Vorlons were modifying and breeding humans for telepathy... but no outward changes.

The OP ain't been back since 13th March so we'll probs never know if any answers were the one they were seeking

Whether it was the “right” answer or not, it certainly fits the bill and it was a fascinating read. I’m glad I looked it up! Thanks for sharing.