Need help finding the name of a movie

forestcorgi

Hi,

I'm trying to find the name of a movie that I watched a few years ago.
Here's what I "think" that I remember:
  • It was a sci-fi movie about a dystopian future.
  • This was a "B" movie. A very "B" movie.
  • Most of the movie took place in a desert wasteland.
  • Although it was in english, I think that the movie may have been made in Germany.
  • I think that the movie was made within the last 20 years.
  • It started with a patrolman flying after someone as they flew/drove away from a city towards the desert.
  • I forgot if the runner escaped, was caught, or was blown up.
  • The patrolman is then contacted by their superior who is male and has a super deep voice.
  • The patrolman is directed to meet a gigantic mechanized troop transport.
  • There is a chase between this transport and an enemy transport.
  • The friendly transport is sabotaged by the enemy faction.
  • In the middle of the movie, we see factions of people vying for survival, any maybe a religious cult.
  • In the end, we see or it is implied that there are large human-eating monsters.
  • And, I think that a power station gets blown up by a mini nuke.
Has anyone else seen this movie?

Thank you

It vaguely rings a bell, but enough of one to supply a name.
If it is the film it had a fairly striking visual.
Is there a scene with a cable car?
Did it feel like it was trying to rip off/pay homage to Blade Runner and District 9?

CupofJoe: I don't recall a cable car. It did not feel like a copy of Blade Runner or District 9. It did not feel like a copy of any other movie that I've seen. That being said, I think that the plot has been done many times before. I think that the general idea of the movie is that there was an established government but there was also a faction that was trying to expose the flaws and fallacies of said government.

alexvss: Not Soldier. Very good movie, though.

Droflet: Not Planet Earth. This movie felt like it was released within the last 10-15 years.

I thought that the main actor looked like Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, but his imdb page did not seem to have the movie that I'm looking for.