MARCH 2021 75-Word Story -- VICTORY TO VICTORIA SILVERWOLF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here Be Dragons

“Dragons.”

“Yup!”

“That’s your answer to the collapse of trade with Europe since Brexit. Dragons.”

“The Chinese make a fortune from pandas. Dragons are much more interesting, and easy to train too. Multifunctional. Very useful.”

“Prime Minister, are you drunk?”

Johnson grinned. “Good old British know-how! Gene manipulation, all the rage. Britney!”

The dragon waddled in.

“Britney, fire!”

The dragon breathed out.

“Et voilá, as they say in Europe. No more opposition. Very useful.”

There Be Idiots

“You know, Wy, how ignorant humans are?”
“The other day, you failed to mention it, Cock.”
“Now I’ve proof.”
“Pretend I’m interested.”
“Serp attacked a ship yesterday.”
“Drunk again, I suppose.”
“Too drunk to sink it. They’ve found a map. Around the edge it says, ‘Here be dragons.’”
“Dragons don’t exist.”
“Of course they don’t. No large creature has six limbs.”
“And no mention of us?”
“Not a ‘Wyvern’ or ‘Cockatrice’ in sight.”
“The idiots!”

Under The Bed

Stained walls. Cold, damp sheets, hugged tight. Thin mattress. Through it I feel sharp claws, tracing down my back.

I shiver.

Scared.

No.

Terrified.

Don’t. Please, don’t.

But my hand drops, inexorably searching along the wood floor. Nothing. Then I feel it. The teeth of the Dragon. Deadly, vicious. But the breath warm, comforting.

My head screams to get away. Fingers grasp, ignoring my pleas.

The chase begins again. Only death will end it.

We Dragons Guard Our Treasure True

Their scales glittered like silver and gold; eyes shone like rubies and sapphires.

What slants of light penetrate this deep barely illuminate the trove that sits as a pale replacement of the mate that once loved me, the children I adored. I will never have again the love that men stole from me.

Even so, it's all there's left. I'll reduce to ash anyone who tries to take a single piece from me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back