Movies that you wish You Could Change The Story and Events

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Which films and how would you change them? :)

The Black Hole. Lose the robots and change the entire script especially the ludicrous ending.

The Last Jedi, but not in the ways that I feel most would. I'm actually a big fan of TLJ and like most of what it accomplished, at least with regards to Rey and Luke's arcs. I also understand why other people don't like Luke's arc, and think their reasoning is perfectly valid.

The main problem I have with the movie is Finn's arc, and if I could make one change to the movie it would be relatively small: In my version, Finn would not give Poe the tracker before leaving for Canto Bight. In my opinion, it completely throws his character arc out of whack.

Finn's first two scenes are all about protecting Rey and making sure she's safe. Then, when they discover the hyperspace tracking and resolve a plan for the fleet's escape he completely shifts away from his main character goal of protecting Rey by leaving the tracker with Poe and the fleet while he leaves. In my opinion, at this stage in his character arc he should be willing to go with Rose to get the master codebreaker, but only if it gets him (and potentially Rey) away from what he should currently view as a doomed venture (the Resistance). His mantra can be, "I can do my part of helping the Resistance by finding their codebreaker, then I can leave and find somewhere safe for Rey." Then, throughout the course of the film he can slowly gain perspective on why he should want to help the Resistance and become more of a hero, and his arc will be much more satisfying and easier for the audience to follow (and not feel like every character he meets just wants to preach at him for no reason).

In my opinion, this lack of motivation for Finn is what completely throttles the Canto Bight sequence of any power or emotional resonance. Ask anyone what the worst part of TLJ is and most of them will say "Canto Bight" (the rest will say, "the part where Luke drinks that alien's breastmilk") and I believe that's because the obvious way for Finn's character to grow was wrongly taken from him when he gave Poe the tracker.

Tl;DR: I've obviously spent way too much time thinking about this, sorry.

I never had any issue with the Ewoks, although as an adult i understand why people do but i definitely believe it is something that you develop as an adult. Harrison Ford wanted to be killed off at the end of RoTJ, which would've been a better ending for him than his death in TFA.

If i could change anything, it would be to remove the Special Editions from history. Oh, and the Palpatine story in the Sequel Trilogy too.

Last edited:
Return of the Jedi. I would lose the teddy bears and the fact that stone age weapons can defeat the Empire's technology. That and have the shield generator in the centre of a 50 km circle of scorched earth where no one can sneak up on you.

Totally agree. If only George had the money to go with his original idea and have a planet full of wookies. Ah, well. It was like getting a wonderful tasty meal, all three films, only to be given a stale digestive biscuit for pudding when the furry gits turned up.

However the shield generator thing is a bit like the argument that the stormtroopers were ordered not to shoot Luke, Leia and co when they escaped the Death star so that they could track them back to the rebel base. They had to give the impression that it was possible (in fact they had a fair chance to succeed) to knock out the shield generator so that the Rebel fleet would actually think they had a chance of winning and turn up en masse. And then the rest of the Imperial fleet and a fully operational death star would destroy them.

I'd change the Alien films to be Alien, Aliens, William Gibson's Alien 3 and Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5. At the very least, I wouldn't arbitrarily kill off Newt and Hicks. Oh, and I'm make the aliens win in Starship Troopers. I'd also cut about 30 minutes of footage from Solo, which would make it much better.

I'd change the Alien films to be Alien, Aliens, William Gibson's Alien 3 and Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5. At the very least, I wouldn't arbitrarily kill off Newt and Hicks. Oh, and I'm make the aliens win in Starship Troopers. I'd also cut about 30 minutes of footage from Solo, which would make it much better.
Bless you for mentioning Starship Troopers. Outside of Star Wars, my mind drew a blank with this thread since its inception.

Anyhow, Starship Troopers, the movie, needs to either follow the Heinlein, or be re-titled Fascism's Bugs.

And speaking of Star Wars, drop the family ties, cut down Solo, and have Luke make it with Leia.

Ewoks - I love 'em, always have. They really never bothered me and I found them funny.

As for changes. Well Steve McQueen gets over the fence on his bike, Alien 3 the theatrical version never gets released, Dolores Umbridge gets turned into a mouse and eaten by her kittens and Han shoots first!

I would have changed Jurassic Park to be more like Westworld--so there's a fully functioning park with lots of tourists.
I would have the velociraptors replaced with a made-up dinosaur that was discovered by accident. One they never heard of before.
I would have put the hunter of the second movie among the tourists and then the island security breaks down-he goes off after a tyrannosaur.
Definitely less scenes with the kids.

Terminator 2--I feel they should have had the Arnie terminator lose all his skin in the steel mil so he and the T-1000 are fighting in their true forms-so it would have been a stop-motion endoskeleton.
I don't think the "I need a vacation" line would be any worse if it was spoken by the endoskeleton.

Star Trek First Contact-I feel they should have abandoned the Cochrane story and focused on the Borg-so instead of going in the past, they end up in a parallel universe where the Borg have taken over the 24th century Earth--but it's mostly abandoned (due to Species 8472?) except for some humans living underground. And the Borg of the original timeline-they use the dish to contact the Borg of this timeline.

Return of the Jedi--a few changes. One, Jabba's palace is not on Tattooine. It would be a watery planet with man-made islands--like huge concrete islands. And the planet's atmosphere is patrolled by robot satellites. The Sarlaac remains but would be in some kind of cement pit-instead of the desert.
Darth Vader would not be the Emperor's mind slave-so he would want to Luke for his own plans for power-and the Emperor would be the same.
That was in the original version-I like that better.
I would replace the second Death Star with something else--like a Death Nebula or something that looks more intricate--like the Imperial shipyards.

Some vast field of ships and support structure-so they have to fight by weaving through this giant maze of stuff.

I wouldnt get rid of the ewoks-but I would get rid of the teddy bear look-and make the planet more alien-looking. Purple flowers and trees and stuff like that-and I would add the Gorax for sure. So the Gorax come out and attack the AT-AT machines.
Oh and the speeder bike scene would have a moment where the bikes go through the skeleton of a Gorax in the forest.
Love the Gorax! He speaks for the trees!

And definitely I would get rid of the brother-sister thing. The Other would be someone unknown.

Last edited:
The Black Hole. Lose the robots and change the entire script especially the ludicrous ending.

The Black Hole I would have changed alot of things. First off , I would never have made Hans Reinhardt a villain and I would have kept him in charge of the mission . In this film The Cygnus come to the black hole at the very beginning . The Cygnus mission parameter entails to going down the Blackhole . The Cygnus was for that purpose. The survives the blackhole undamaged into a new universe and that's when the adventure really begins.

Ewoks - I love 'em, always have. They really never bothered me and I found them funny.

As for changes. Well Steve McQueen gets over the fence on his bike, Alien 3 the theatrical version never gets released, Dolores Umbridge gets turned into a mouse and eaten by her kittens and Han shoots first!

I wish Delores Umbridge had died in one of the the Deathly Hallows films.

I regards to Starship Troopers, I'd give the MI power armour like they should've had.

I wouldn't let Paul Verhoeven direct. the film notr would I have allowed Ed Neumeire to write the story .

Starship Enterprise could have passed over and beamed Jyn Erso to safety. Not bothered about Cassian...

Did anyone ever seen 'Family Man'? The film with Nicolas Cage and Tea Leone? The penultimate scene has me hiding behind my hands every time I watch it, it's cringeingly awful, truly dreadful stuff, and I have no idea how they left that scene in the film. I can't explain without massive spoilers, but go and watch it (it is actually alternative reality themed) and then I can explain.