Little Remembered TV Series and TV Movies

And Prof Heinz Wolff.
Sadly gone but not forgotten.
01BB2379-DCB5-452C-A177-901EF7503A6C.jpeg

Loved both these shows. I can still remember the theme music for TGER.

Yes shows like that were 'of their age' and would have no chance of being shown these days.

Like with Doctor Who, 'old' Who would take 6 episodes to fit in what they can now show in 2.

Recently, I've been watching the 7 episodes of Raumpatrouille Orion on YouTube. Not a bad show, but hard to watch the subtitles and the action - I don't speak German.

Another American sci-fi show i used to watch was Land of the Giants. It wasn't that good but I did like their spaceship.

Recently, I've been watching the 7 episodes of Raumpatrouille Orion on YouTube. Not a bad show, but hard to watch the subtitles and the action - I don't speak German.

Another American sci-fi show i used to watch was Land of the Giants. It wasn't that good but I did like their spaceship.

Land of the Giants lasted 2 season 1968 to 1970 , John Williams wrote the music for that and other Irwin Allen shows It was I Allen's last major television success. The ship was called The Spindrift.

The Time Travelers 1976 This was a made for tv film Irwin Allen that was intended to be a pilot for an ongoing series but was not picked up .

I've got that! I watched an episode a few days ago.

It is what it is, low cost, green screen sets, Canadian budget, shot on video except some of the effects were shot on film and the difference is obvious (The closing credits pan along the ship, for example).

I think John Dykstra (spfx for 2001, Star Wars) was involved in the model making and in creating stock effects.

For Harlan Ellison's take on why the Starlost turned out to be such a disaster (He nominally created the show but had his name replaced with a pseudonym (Cordwainer Bird ?) have a listen to this:

Don't bother with the book by Ben Bova (The Starcrossed) in which he spoofs the whole process because all it does is prove that Ben Bova can't really do comedy very well.

No, that was The Time Travelers

Actually , I got tile slightly wrong it was Time Travelers 1976 Richard Basehart was in this film .:unsure:

Ive seen the 1964 film an yes it superb , one the best time travel films of all time and a Classic ! :cool:(y) It was rebooted sort of as Journey to the Center of Time 1967 . This particular reimagined classic is, an epic cinema cow pile .:eek:

Wasn't it just! - but you have to admit the four way slidy-opening door was well done and Poupée Gamin's cleavage was impressive.

That film doesn't even have the virtue of so bad it is good . And even with those two impressive production values that you pointed out to me , It's still really , really, really atrociously bad movie. :D

I'm an uninitiated. I love old stuff like that usually, but I could only watch 15 minutes. It's just a series of bad lectures and some accounting discussion. Don't the they ever, like, journey to the centre of time?

One that doesn't get mentioned is Seaquest DSV. I enjoyed this show quite a bit but it got interfered with and ended badly.
They kept rebooting it . That speeded up its demise.

The two part German production World on a Wire (1973). An adaptation of Simulacrum-3.

Bay, is that the one where they stepped through the screen???

You're thinking of the 1964 film, which is probably one of the best time travel films ever made. It had a terrific cast too.:cool:(y)

The Irwin tv film was quite good too.:cool: