Little Remembered TV Series and TV Movies

I have a Canadian produced series from the 1970s on DVD. It’s called The Starlost. I’d never heard of it and was curious. But not curious enough, it appears, to watch all the episodes. I can’t remember what I thought about it (but I’d guess not much). Maybe I’ll give it another go.
I've got that! I watched an episode a few days ago.

It is what it is, low cost, green screen sets, Canadian budget, shot on video except some of the effects were shot on film and the difference is obvious (The closing credits pan along the ship, for example).

I think John Dykstra (spfx for 2001, Star Wars) was involved in the model making and in creating stock effects.

Yeah, I suffered through a couple of episodes and gave it a big miss. Hideous dreck.

As a child, i really enjoyed The Invaders and think it's a little underrated. Watching as an adult, it's a little bit of a one trick pony but well worth a remake, i suspect.

Space: Above and Beyond. It deserved so much more.

As a child, i really enjoyed The Invaders and think it's a little underrated. Watching as an adult, it's a little bit of a one trick pony but well worth a remake, i suspect.
I liked this one too. It’s a pity it only lasted a couple of seasons.

Garrison’s Gorillas, spin-off of Combat and probably inspired by The Dirty Dozen, which ran for only one season. I used it once in Name The TV Series but no one guessed it.

Ive seen combat, thought it a good series , I didn't know there was a spinoff.:unsure:

Project U.F.O. (1978-79)

Long before the X-Files, two USAF agents from Project Blue Book investigate and often (but not always) debunk UFO sightings. I actually thought it was called Project Blue Book.

I think my mom made me watch it with the intent that it would make me more skeptical about UFOs, less of a head-in-the-clouds Trekkie.

IMDB link

It was produced by Jack Webb. I remember it well. :)

Exo-man 1977 Made for tv science fiction film Martin Caiden who gave us the Six Million Dollar Man wrote the story . Probably intended as pilot for a tv series.

Things such as The Man From Atlantis and the Logans Run TV series were great at the time, but i doubt they would still hold up.

I vaguely remember a show called The Fantastic Journey. I don't remember much about it as i was only about 7 or 8, but it really left an impression on me. I should try and watch that again.

As a child I also grew up watching a very good kids show called The Adventure Game. More a sort of Crystal Maze style show, but with a heavy Science Fiction feel to it. It had quite a lot of humour, too and I remember that if "uncle", (a bad tempered Aspidistra plant) crossed their path in the show, they had to say something like "gronda gronda Gragnark". Obsurd, but great fun at the time.

Things such as The Man From Atlantis and the Logans Run TV series were great at the time, but i doubt they would still hold up.

I vaguely remember a show called The Fantastic Journey. I don't remember much about it as i was only about 7 or 8, but it really left an impression on me. I should try and watch that again.

As a child I also grew up watching a very good kids show called The Adventure Game. More a sort of Crystal Maze style show, but with a heavy Science Fiction feel to it. It had quite a lot of humour, too and I remember that if "uncle", (a bad tempered Aspidistra plant) crossed their path in the show, they had to say something like "gronda gronda Gragnark". Obsurd, but great fun at the time.

The Man From Atlantis started as. series of tv films , then came the series which lasted not even a season . Patrick Duffy who would later find fame as Bobby Ewing on Dallas was the series lead. I remember Logans Run , 1977 wasn't; a bad series, but didn't like the two leads in the show unfortunately was in bad time slot, that pretty much doomed it to cancellation. I remember Fantastic Journey 1977 it stated Roddy McDowell and Jared Martin . It lasted about ten episodes . Jared Martin would go to have a decent acting career on tv . He was in Dallas and he was the lead on the War of the World tv series in the late 1980's

I've got that! I watched an episode a few days ago.

It is what it is, low cost, green screen sets, Canadian budget, shot on video except some of the effects were shot on film and the difference is obvious (The closing credits pan along the ship, for example).

I think John Dykstra (spfx for 2001, Star Wars) was involved in the model making and in creating stock effects.

Douglass Trumbull involved in the production of this show and Ben Bova .

Danger is my Business 1950s Test Pilots, Divers, Explosives experts. I think there was one on Red Adair extinguishing oil well fires.

Quark , comedy science fiction show staring Richard Benjamin, lasted 8 episodes. I wish they have given this show more of chance then they did. :confused:

Crystal Maze was a complete rip-off of The Adventure Game. TAG took place on a planet called Thargg, iirc

The Champions This British import was on American TV briefly around 1969, a comic booky secret agent thing with the main characters having esp powers, something like that. I honestly don't think it interested me much even though it might have been expected to.

View attachment 78998
View attachment 78999
Look at the book to the left of the one she's withdrawing.
Looks like "The Comet" by Doooch. ?

The Adventure Game was a brilliant series from the 1970s. It starred many presenters/actors who would go on to be legends of tv (if they weren't already). It was a little hit-and-miss with the games played and the puzzle solving, but it was all jolly good fun. Probably the closest programme to it (in relation to teams of people getting together to solve odd problems) was The Great Egg Race, another fantastic show and the forerunner of Scrapheap Challenge. In TGER it was fascinating to see teams of boffins from various colleges/tech companies coming together and seeing how they got around solving problems.

The Adventure Game (what episodes remain) has been released on DVD and is well worth checking out for anyone who was a fan of 70s tv and such diverse characters as Paul Darrow, Derek Griffiths, John Craven, Johnny Ball, Prof Heinz Wolff and Cheggers.

The Adventure Game was a brilliant series from the 1970s. It starred many presenters/actors who would go on to be legends of tv (if they weren't already). It was a little hit-and-miss with the games played and the puzzle solving, but it was all jolly good fun. Probably the closest programme to it (in relation to teams of people getting together to solve odd problems) was The Great Egg Race, another fantastic show and the forerunner of Scrapheap Challenge. In TGER it was fascinating to see teams of boffins from various colleges/tech companies coming together and seeing how they got around solving problems.

The Adventure Game (what episodes remain) has been released on DVD and is well worth checking out for anyone who was a fan of 70s tv and such diverse characters as Paul Darrow, Derek Griffiths, John Craven, Johnny Ball, Prof Heinz Wolff and Cheggers.
Loved both these shows. I can still remember the theme music for TGER.