Little Remembered TV Series and TV Movies

I have a Canadian produced series from the 1970s on DVD. It’s called The Starlost. I’d never heard of it and was curious. But not curious enough, it appears, to watch all the episodes. I can’t remember what I thought about it (but I’d guess not much). Maybe I’ll give it another go.

I can tell you. Avoid it as if it had teeth that could rip out your throat. Danger, Will Robinson. AND Foxbat.

The Champions This British import was on American TV briefly around 1969, a comic booky secret agent thing with the main characters having esp powers, something like that. I honestly don't think it interested me much even though it might have been expected to.

1622597539785.png

Tolkien Champions TV show.PNG

Look at the book to the left of the one she's withdrawing.

Last edited:
You didn't like the Champions??? I grew up with this show and then I saw it as an adult and still loved it. Its one drawback was that it had only one season.

You didn't like the Champions??? I grew up with this show and then I saw it as an adult and still loved it. Its one drawback was that it had only one season.
I would've been about 12 or 13 and at that time my imaginative world centered around Star Trek, Marvel comics, etc. That might have had something to do with it. I couldn't even say that I ever watched one of the teleplays all the way through. I just remember the three agents and the fountain in the background.

Extollager, do yourself a favor and give it another try, using your adult brain. It could be a matter of personal taste but I believe it holds up well, after all of these years. Just my two bobs worth. ;)

Well, at the least it gets a plus mark for the Tolkien glimpse (and I've read several of the other books on that shelf too!).

They Came From Somewhere Else - which I mainly remember for the haunting theme song, sung by June the drummer from the Mo-Dettes, and for someone being eaten by a settee. I think it was a late-night C4 thing, may have been BBC 2

Time Tunnel -

apparently it was on in 1966 -67 for about 30 episodes. I caught it on reruns one summer in the mid 70's. I remember one episode where they went to ancient Greece to save Achilles or something and brought a machine hun thru the time Tunnel and were using it to mow down soldiers in ancient Greece. Probably why it only got 30 episodes

c

Yes, apparently in those days a time paradox didn't exist. And so the show disappeared. And quite rightly.

The Champions This British import was on American TV briefly around 1969, a comic booky secret agent thing with the main characters having esp powers, something like that. I honestly don't think it interested me much even though it might have been expected to.

View attachment 78998
View attachment 78999
Look at the book to the left of the one she's withdrawing.

I can't read that. What is it?

I attempted to send a a couple of images -- I will try again with one of them:

1622866204504.png

Here's the other image, I hope:

1622866252569.png
1622866252569.png

....Now I have sent the same image twice but don't know how to delete one.

I would've been about 12 or 13 and at that time my imaginative world centered around Star Trek, Marvel comics, etc. That might have had something to do with it. I couldn't even say that I ever watched one of the teleplays all the way through. I just remember the three agents and the fountain in the background.
That is the fountain in Lake Geneva. The backdrops provided some 1960s glamour, though I suspect the series was filmed in a studio in London.

I enjoyed this. 3 agents who got lost/crashed in the himalayas and were rescued by a mysterious group who gave them super strength/esp. worth checking out. Probably on Youtube.

Project U.F.O. (1978-79)

Long before the X-Files, two USAF agents from Project Blue Book investigate and often (but not always) debunk UFO sightings. I actually thought it was called Project Blue Book.

I think my mom made me watch it with the intent that it would make me more skeptical about UFOs, less of a head-in-the-clouds Trekkie.

IMDB link