Little Remembered TV Series and TV Movies

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
This deals series and movies forgotten by tv audience . In some cases long forgotten.:)

Been watching Tales of Tomorrow, the first SF anthology show on US television. (1951-53)
Half hour vignettes, filmed in Black and White with little or no refilming or editing. YouTube has them complete with period ads.
Not made for kids and developed with the Science Fiction League of America. Stories by Theodore Sturgeon, Kornbluth, Weinbaum, Verne, VanVogt, Padgett (Kuttner & Moore), John Cambell and numerous other authors from the Golden and Silver ages of SF/Fantasy.
The Little Black Bag, What You Need, The Crystal Egg, Frankenstein, 20,000 Leagues - - - and many more.
Actors included Boris Karloff, Paul Newman, Lee J. Cobb, Rod Steiger, James Dean, Franchot Tone, Thomas Mitchell, Burgess Meredith, Raymond Burr, Jackie Cooper, Jack Warden, Jack Carter, Leslie Nielsen (five episodes), Darren McGavin Nina Foch, Mercedes MCcambridge, Eva Gabor, Una O'Connor, Cloris Leachman, Sylvia Sidney, and Joanne Woodward.
I found it amusing that a few actors are prominently mentioned in descriptions but are so minor that if you blink you'll miss them (Newman).
All produced pretty melodramatically, but actually fun to watch as drama, beyond enjoying as history.
A few got re-filmed for The Twilight Zone.
On YouTube, I put in either "Tales of Tomorrow Complete episode" or Tales - - - with the name of an actor.
Here's the Wikipedia with the list of 85 episodes.
LINK

Garrison’s Gorillas, spin-off of Combat and probably inspired by The Dirty Dozen, which ran for only one season. I used it once in Name The TV Series but no one guessed it.

Way back decades ago, I saw the one and only aired episode of Turn-On, an imitation of Laugh-In that was cancelled in the middle of the first program. Just to prove I didn't make this up:

a6ToZ-1449766029-embed-turn-on_ad_conway_small.jpg

Way back decades ago, I saw the one and only aired episode of Turn-On, an imitation of Laugh-In that was cancelled in the middle of the first program. Just to prove I didn't make this up:

View attachment 76435

Wow , I never heard of this one at all .:unsure:

I do have a vague recollection of another show . in this show On this show on the sage with the host , was a gigantic winking eye . And at certain point contestants were encourage to throw a pie at the giant Eye . I think the show was called Shenanigans , but im not sure. I don't recall the specific purpose of the show itself. :unsure:

Wizards and Warriors 1983 I wish they given this one more of a chance .

Fractured Flickers. 1963-64, 26 30 minute episodes. Hans Conried, the narrator of "Fractured Fairy Tales" on Rocky & Bullwinkle was the fractured host who was as funny as the fractured flickers. They took old movies, rewrote the dialog and added crazy sound effects.

Rubicon - a great little US intelligence think-tank series that I stumbled upon late night C4 (no fanfare, no advertising I was aware of) featuring Miranda Richardson. I knew it would be a one-and-done as it was (here comes the intellectual stereotype) too low-key for most American audiences. Well worth a look!

In it's day, Rocky and Bullwinkle was ground breaking. Ahhhh, a good time to be a kid. :)

I saw it was I was kid and the satire went over my head but viewing it years later , I got appreciate it .

I loved Mr Know it all and Fractured Fairy Tales and all the rest and the really bad plays on words and the jokes. I especially loved Boris and Natasha. :D

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (animated 90's TV series). I've used Quahoon as an exclamation / expletive ever since.

The Omega Files was a great little series about a team of paranormal investigators.

The Lone Gunmen
The X-files spinoff seemed to sink without trace not long after it appeared. It is probably most remembers cause the pilot episode was about an aircraft being hijacked and flown in to the WTC. It aired a few months before 9/11.
Kyle XY
Why does Kyle have no belly button? Half sci-fi mystery, half family drama. It was a nice easy watch but it never seems to find it feet.