Independence Day: the Resurgence (2016)

RJM Corbet

Deus Pascus Corvus
Supporter
Independence Day 2 on Channel 4 tonight at 6:45 p.m. Just when I was thinking life was losing all meaning ...

SO bad so far, beyond embarrassment ... Perhaps it will get better a little bit as it goes along -- so far is has to be one of the worst commercial grabbit follow up movies ever made

Last edited:
Very bad, worst F Grade losers movie ... Imo ... Sorry for wasting your time anybody

It's hard even trying to think of a worse follow up for a blockbuster movie. Nevertheless, loving it for being just so absolutely terrible ... lol

While I completely admit that it is a totally unnecessary follow-up to a film I enjoyed.
I thought it a mindless but entertaining film.
None of it made sense but that didn't seem to bother me about the first film, so why I should quibble now.
It was almost as if it designed to open up the ID world as a franchise. In that, it spectacularly failed.
Not that I wouldn't mind a space opera film series of the great ID wars... If they were done right.

Hideous drekk. I so wanted it to work but alas it followed the norm for commercial follow ups. Brrr, just threw up in my mouth.

Hard to believe that this movie was due to go on to become a TV series, if it became a success. Some nice design elements. The fighters were cool and i did like the new alien.

I have to wonder how a screenplay such as that, a screenplay with every cliche in the book gets the green light. Either someone is very bad at their job, or their opinion of the general public is so low that it defies all logic.

Hard to believe that this movie was due to go on to become a TV series, if it became a success. Some nice design elements. The fighters were cool and i did like the new alien.
I have to wonder how a screenplay such as that, a screenplay with every cliche in the book gets the green light. Either someone is very bad at their job, or their opinion of the general public is so low that it defies all logic.
I think you have answered your own question. 90% of the people okaying a film will be blind to its faults or only interested in how much money it will make.
I think a TV series would work.

They put tremendous effort into the the production values and in getting good actors . What they should have done is put far more effort in writing good scripts. If I had been in charge the studio , I would told Roland Emmerich that unless he and his writers to come up with a better script , this film is not getting made , ever. The audiences coming to see the film in the theaters are being charged 10 dollars apiece and, are entitled to a good film with a good story.

Last edited:
They put tremendous effort into the the production values and in getting good actors . What they should have done is put far more effort in writing good scripts. If I had been in charge the studio , I would told Roland Emmerich that unless he and his writers to come up with a better script , this film is not getting made , ever. The audiences coming to see the film in the theaters are being charged 10 dollars apiece and, are entitled to a good film with a good story.
Yes. When it first came out, I wanted to watch it in a cinema, just never did. Glad now, lol.
I watched the original Independence Day in a cinema, and when I came out, I was looking up to checking for one of those things in the sky over the city.
I think that is perhaps why Resurgence seems really bad -- because Independence Day was really good?

Yes. When it first came out, I wanted to watch it in a cinema, just never did. Glad now, lol.
I watched the original Independence Day in a cinema, and when I came out, I was looking up to checking for one of those things in the sky over the city.
I think that is perhaps why Resurgence seems really bad -- because Independence Day was really good?
It looks really bad because it is really bad.