What should I do next with my finished manuscript

Mike92

Hello Forum. I made a post about six months ago about what should I do next with my manuscript. Your advice was for me to find a proofreader. I followed that advice and got a proofreader on Reedsy. So now I have a finished manuscript which has been proofread. I did get some good feedback. That I am a very visual writer and that it could be good to convert my manuscript into a script or screenplay. The question I have is what I do next? I would like of my franchise to be made into a cartoon series or games. I am thinking off contacting Sony, Nickelodeon, Netflix and other animation and game company's. I thinking of giving them a synopsis of my story and possibly my franchise. Also give them the first five chapters of my story. Then see if they are interested in making it. This is where I want it to go and I think it will be best place for my franchise. I am happy to work with a co-writer who can build on some of the weaknesses of the franchise. I have wrote two long sequels to my manuscript. If nothing I am thinking of contacting Dark Horse and Image Comics to see if they are interested into turning my manuscript into a comic book series. Or I can self-publish on Amazing Kindle it's all set up and I have a cover for it. So what is your advice, I really want to work with a Corporation on my franchise and make it into a selling franchise. The self-publishing is the last resort which I don’t think anyone will buy it. So what is your advice? I look forward to your reply.

Michael Davies

Has anyone else read it and provided feedback, like a critique group?

Have you written anything else or just this particular manuscript?

To JS Wiig

The only person who has read it was my proofreader. She made a Editorial Assessment for it. I cannot find anyone else to read it, not even family. I have written two sequals to this Manuscript both longer. I am on the verge of writing the fourth book.

To JS Wiig

The only person who has read it was my proofreader. She made a Editorial Assessment for it. I cannot find anyone else to read it, not even family. I have written two sequals to this Manuscript both longer. I am on the verge of writing the fourth book.
Have you put any up on critiques here?

I see he only has five posts. Doesn't he need 30 to post a critique request?

Meanwhile, Mike92, get ye into Research Mode. As was said, there's a *huge* amount for you to learn about how to submit concepts and proposals to TV, another huge amount for movies, and yet another pile for games. It will give you plenty to do.

A proofreader is not an editor—although sometimes editors do proofreading as well—but it sounds like the one you had gave you editorial feedback, steering you away from novel writing entirely. That is not a proofreader's job at all. But perhaps this individual was really a developmental editor or writing coach?

If you've got a finished manuscript you're happy with, why not submit it to agents? All you have to do is research the agents who'd fit and submit.

If you want to see your work in some sort of graphic form, being a trad publishing success would be a big step forwards.

Hello Forum. I made a post about six months ago about what should I do next with my manuscript. Your advice was for me to find a proofreader. I followed that advice and got a proofreader on Reedsy. So now I have a finished manuscript which has been proofread. I did get some good feedback.
I think you might be mis-remembering what was said at the time, or perhaps there is a confusion of terms here. We did suggest that you get feedback on your work, but that wouldn't usually come from a "proofreader" who would simply be looking to check such things as spelling mistakes.

You say you had feedback from this person in the form of an "Editorial Assessment" -- was it feedback on such things as world-building, point of view, structure, your use of dialogue and so on? If not, then I really do think this is what you need before you go any further. You can get that, as Teresa has suggested, by employing a developmental editor or a writing coach, but you can also get it for free through a Writing Group or beta readers, but in that case you would have to reciprocate by helping the other members of the group or the readers.

We can also help you by giving feedback on your work, but only once you have accumulated 30 counted posts here. I would again advise you to become more involved with the site -- read through the various topics in Writing Discussion and see if they have any relevance to your own work, and also look at the pieces already put up in Critiques and see how the feedback has helped them. I do fear that your enthusiasm for your work is perhaps leading you a little astray and that sending to these prestigious outlets at this stage will likely only end in rejection which may hurt and demoralise you. Let us have a look at your writing before you send anywhere and we can help you ensure that the work is the best it can be before you submit it, but as I say that does require you to get the 30 counted posts.