February / March 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion

Show, don’t tell - the landlord’s daughter really has a touch of magic about her, and it’s nothing to do with the beer.

Free Choice? - sacrificing your own life to save yourself so that you can live long enough to die saving yourself doesn’t really sound like a choice, but at least you live longer.

I'd like to get everyone's opinion about having more than one vote when the time comes for the poll. I've been thinking about this since we have multiple submissions, and our voting base is small compared to the number of entries we have.
As a general rule, everyone who participates, votes, and we get some members who take the time to pop in and vote for their favourites.
Nov/Dec 15 participants wrote 25 stories. We had 19 votes total.
Aug/Sept 13 people wrote 16 entries and we had 18 votes
May/June 20 people wrote 24 stories and we had 19 votes.

I was thinking 2 votes per person. Comments?

My research while reviewing Ancient Catronauts turned up an interesting fact - roses are traditionally associated with secrecy. I wonder if that is why the spell which keeps a character from revealing their hideous plight in Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (by Suzanna Clarke) sometimes looks like a rose held on - or between - the victim’s lips?

Last edited:
Concealment - sometimes criminals bring justice on themselves by trying to be just a bit too clever.

Woodland walk - evidence of a cruel double murder is eventually revealed, with the delay being attributed to over-nice scruples... Sounds suspicious to me!