E-book sales on the rise

Not really. Print books are not only holding their own but steadily growing in number. This from book business sources. If anything, ebooks and PDFS are showing a bit of growth due to the high cost of shipping English language books to foreign countries, including Canada. In the past, the US Postal Service offered "Surface Mail" which allowed pounds of books to be shipped anywhere. That class of mail was discontinued by the USPS.

There seems to be a growing number of books that are in e-book only and this might affect the numbers.
In traditional publishing often the Paper back edition is the same price as the e-book(eg.8.99 or 9.99) and in those cases I chose the paper over the e-book. Even when the e-book price is reduced, it has to reduced to 5.99 or 6.99 for me to decide to do the e-book. That's just my personal preference.

There are still a large number of errors in the e-books produced by traditional publishers--so I can't see paying that much money if they don't apply the same quality to those as they do the paper books.

Again, this is my experience.