Peter V Brett; New Series, Desert Prince coming August 21.

nixie

pixie druid
Staff member
Although I enjoyed his Demon Cycle series, it did have a lot of flaws, the ending was rushed and a big let down for me.
Still looking forward to the new series due out in August.

A new fantasy trilogy from Peter V. Brett, author of The Demon Cycle. A new series, opening with THE DESERT PRINCE and taking place approximately fifteen years after the ending of THE CORE, tells the tales of two young protagonists, Olive Paper and Darin Bales.

I've started this, I'm feeling for the kids having to live in the shadow of their parents. Leesha Paper is even more insufferable as a Duchess, poor Olive not allowed any freedom, her mother controls every aspect of her life.

Darin, is conflicted, feels he's a failure, thinks everyone expects him to be like his father but he wants to be a jongleur.

15 years after the core, there are still demons in the world but they aren't as dangerous thanks to the greatwards and Arlen destroying the minds. Now they are back and their targets are Darin and Olive.

I've started this, I'm feeling for the kids having to live in the shadow of their parents. Leesha Paper is even more insufferable as a Duchess, poor Olive not allowed any freedom, her mother controls every aspect of her life.

Darin, is conflicted, feels he's a failure, thinks everyone expects him to be like his father but he wants to be a jongleur.

15 years after the core, there are still demons in the world but they aren't as dangerous thanks to the greatwards and Arlen destroying the minds. Now they are back and their targets are Darin and Olive.
yes i've reading it... i still don't have a firm opinion about it... it's readable but is big so i'm reading it...