Bick's Reviews on Tangent Online

Bick

A Member of the Forum
Supporter
My Review of Clarkesworld #175 - April 2021 is now up on Tangent Online.

With the exception of one story, this was a poor offering, with the other six stories all being deeply flawed for one reason or another. The good story was Sarcophagus by Ray Nayler. I'd skip the rest to be honest.

1617912812814.png

J-Sun

"You are there!" I read your review and, between it and my previous reading experiences, I felt like I knew exactly what the stories were like. "That's story-type 5 and that's story-type 8 and..." Not having read the issue, I can't say for sure of course, but I feel like I don't have to--based on the resonance, it sounds like a great job.

Bick

A Member of the Forum
Supporter
"You are there!" I read your review and, between it and my previous reading experiences, I felt like I knew exactly what the stories were like. "That's story-type 5 and that's story-type 8 and..." Not having read the issue, I can't say for sure of course, but I feel like I don't have to--based on the resonance, it sounds like a great job.
Glad it is helpful and gives a clear, impression, J-Sun, thanks for your kind words. As a prior reviewer for several years yourself, that's gratifying to read. I like the idea of story-type 5, etc., that would be very helpful. Story-type 13 would crop up quite a bit (pretentious, 'woke'-influenced overwriting, offering little of novelty or interest).