Etaerio SF Open for Submissions to Issue 2

Serendipity

A Traditional Eccentric!
While Issue 1 of Etaerio SF pamphlet are well under way, I am now open for short science fiction stories to Issue 2.

What am I looking for? Science fiction stories that are
  • About our realisable futures
  • 3,000 to 6,000 words
  • Family friendly
  • Original and unpublished
  • Do not contain references to fandom shows etc or other copyrighted work
Practicalities
  • I'm limiting story submissions to chronners for now. PM me your story so I know you are actually member.
  • Stories for the second issue need to be submitted by close of play, March 25th.
  • Only two stories per issue will be published.
  • Story in word .doc or .docx format - ideally in that standard William Shunn's format with contact details and a standard font like Arial or Times New Roman.
  • If stories are accepted, there will be editing done. Editing that affects the story content will be agreed with the author prior to publication (this is usually what I call consistency and polishing editing)
  • There will be a contract per story - usual standard terms.
Because I'm running this on a very tight budget, I can only offer a token payment. Therefore all I'm asking in return is exclusive print and electronic publishing rights for one month after publication date.

The countdown clock to submission window closure for Issue 2 of Etaerio SF continues ticking - it is now only a week way! Closure is on 25th MARCH 2021.

What am I looking for? Science fiction stories that are
  • About our realisable futures
  • 3,000 to 6,000 words
  • Family friendly
  • Original and unpublished
  • Do not contain references to fandom shows etc or other copyrighted work
Practicalities
  • I'm limiting story submissions to chronners for now. PM me your story so I know you are actually member.
  • Only two stories per issue will be published.
  • Story in word .doc or .docx format - ideally in that standard William Shunn's format with contact details and a standard font like Arial or Times New Roman.
  • If stories are accepted, there will be editing done. Editing that affects the story content will be agreed with the author prior to publication (this is usually what I call consistency and polishing editing)
  • There will be a contract per story - usual standard terms.
Because I'm running this on a very tight budget, I can only offer a token payment. Therefore all I'm asking in return is exclusive print and electronic publishing rights for one month after publication date.

Postscript - please do not confuse the pamphlet Etaerio SF with the story BSFA's Fission #1 has kindly accepted! I have a thing about the word 'etaerio', and the timing of this coincidence was very accidental!

It is with regret that I am unable to publish Issue 2 on the date I had hoped - June 25th, due to circumstances beyond my control. I will aim (with fingers crossed etc) to publish it on what would have been Issue 3's slot, September 25th. Apologies to those who are eagerly anticipating this Issue.