Ursula K Le Guin and cats-- any help?

Gala

Dear all, this is my first post, hello everyone!
I need a little help: I am a huge fan of Ursula's writtings and nowadays I am trying to compile as much writtings of her as I can about cats. She was a huge cat lover, you probably know that, and she has a series of children's books called "Catwings" all about some cats with wings. She also has two other children's books with cats in the main roles: "Cat Dreams" and "A Visit from Dr. Katz". She writes about cats also in "Buffalo Gals and another animal presences" and in the tale "Darkness box" in "The winds twelve quarters" and in another tale called "Schrödinger’s Cat". This is all I know so far.
Does anyone remember any other cat in Ursula's writting? there are probably more! Could you please mention them if you remember?
Many thanks in advance! Greetings from Spain :)

Greetings, @Gala! Is this of any help to you?

Some of the links look interesting, though they may not be accounts of fictional kitties, but rather real ones. Best of luck with the search, CC

Thank you! Sure it helps... I can tell that Ursula thinks that cats and dragons are very similar, which is interesting! Any cat observer will probably think the same. Adding "Annals of Part" to my compilation.
Best wishes and thank you again!

I always thought that Ged's pet (familiar?) Hoeg was very catlike, despite actually being an otak.

Thank your for your response!
No doubt it looks very catlike: Otak, small and a mice eater... I will check on Earthsea to verify what other cat features it possesses...
Best

Welcome to Chrons. :giggle:

I can tell that Ursula thinks that cats and dragons are very similar, which is interesting! Any cat observer will probably think the same

As an aside... this is what we called his "sleepy dragon" pose.
love and attention required at all times.JPG

Welcome to Chrons. :giggle:
Thank you! :)I don't know why but there is something about them (cats) that makes you think about dragons, maybe the tail, the looks they give you, the way they huddle... I don't know why because they are mammals :unsure:

I think it depends on the cat. Our current fluffy beast, known as Oatmeal, is a blob on legs with a short tail and not really what I would call dragon-like. Bisty, in the photo, was a five-kilo, long-legged, athletic mog (the vet reckoned he had some Norwegian Forest cat in his ancestry), with a lively and expressive tail, who liked to keep an eye on what his people were doing, which often had him stretched out along a wall, branch or equivalent, giving us the look.