Covid and filming

TomMazanec

How can they film stuff and maintain social distancing? Are we in for a movie/TV drought?

Split screen techniques and editing to make people look closer than they actually are might help.

They're still filming all the soaps. I watch Hollyoaks and it looks ridiculous - you're watching people who supposedly live together standing 2m apart at all times, if they hit or kiss each other it's filmed at weird angles to look like they are hitting/kissing (when quite clearly they're nowhere near each other - they have got around this in a couple of places for the kissing when they've had the actor kiss their actual real-life partner and just film it from behind), and then they're obviously filmed before all the rule changes, so there's no lockdown in Hollyoaks currently, even though there is one in real-life, as it was filmed before this current lockdown and it all seems daft.

if they hit or kiss each other it's filmed at weird angles to look like they are hitting/kissing (when quite clearly they're nowhere near each other
This sounds like forced perspective. It can be used to eliminate distance or make things look larger or smaller than they actually are. It was used a lot in Lord Of The Rings.

During the winter editions of The Great British Sewing Bee*, they mentioned that all the contestants [and crew I'm assuming] were in a protective work bubble so no-one needed to wear masks.
That said F1 works in a similar way it seems and they still wear masks...
* Don't judge me, I can't help liking the show.

* Don't judge me, I can't help liking the show.

It's a brilliant show!

They had the same situation for the Great British Bake Off and the Pottery Throw Down. Junior Bake Off is currently on C4 (literally the best thing on TV currently) and I've noticed the adults refraining from touching the children, although nobody's staying 2m apart so I'm not sure what the situation is there.

Death in Paradise have managed a new series - it's interesting it appears they can only have a certain number of characters in a room at a time. Let you know after the second episode how I feel lol

My absolute favourite show is set in New Zealand so I am guessing it will be fine.

Junior Bake Off is currently on C4 (literally the best thing on TV currently)
I watched it for the first time recently and I’m loving it. These kids are not only very skilled but extremely funny. It’s my new guilty pleasure:)

As for the covid protocols, I’d guess they’re all in one big bubble for the duration of filming.

It's so, so funny isn't it! I love that the kids drop stuff on the floor and just pick it up and carry on.

Blak Wave's We Are Not the Virus were among the 2020 productions.

I loled when I read that, Brian.