Interzone will have a new editor

Fiberglass Cyborg

I get the impression they still don't know themselves. The double issue reached me in July, and I noted the rather cagey editorial note. My subscription ends "next issue", which might mean a regular issue, the middle of another double issue, or nothing at all. Not sure what to do....

alexvss

Me doesn't knows no grammar.
I get the impression they still don't know themselves. The double issue reached me in July, and I noted the rather cagey editorial note. My subscription ends "next issue", which might mean a regular issue, the middle of another double issue, or nothing at all. Not sure what to do....
As a subscriber, you're totally entitled to reach out for them and ask:rolleyes:

Serendipity

A Traditional Eccentric!
Six months later and they're still open for submissions, rejecting my pieces like mad (maybe they're just letting their dogs eat the manuscripts or something :LOL: ).

And they've launched a double issue just two months ago (great cover art btw). Maybe they changed their minds about closing the magazine.
I think the plan still is to produce a few issues before closing it down... unless they find someone to take it on as a print issue.

alexvss

Me doesn't knows no grammar.
Eight months later, and not only are they still open to submissions (and rejecting my stories like mad to boot) but they announced a 192-page full color double issue, and they also announced a brand new magazine: Interzone Digital. They're open to Science Fiction and Fantasy stories up to 7,000 words and offer (EUR) 1.5¢/word. Too bad they don't accept stories previously rejected by the print edition :whistle:

I'm wondering why would someone prefer submiting to the digital one though. The interior and cover art of the print edition are so mind-blowing I'd be okay to be published even if they didn't pay.

Maybe is the print edition finally closing down? :unsure: That was a long process.

product-IZ292_293_590x.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ian Fortytwo Book Discussion 1
R Interzone 1
Anthony G Williams Interzone 0
Anthony G Williams Interzone 0
Anthony G Williams Interzone 3