Magazine Submissions

Ooooooh, so here's the thing... Looks like I put a typo in the email address (shorts.subs) so that'll be why you didn't get it. I'm a doofus, sorry. Weirdly never got a bounced message though so I wonder where that ended up!

The system isn't set up to bounce invalid messages. Although it does create a log entry.

You emailed the wrong address in 2019, 2020 and 2021 :unsure:

I’ve been guilty of submitting to an incorrect (out of date) address as well, Dave. I then promptly forgot about it for a couple of years. I think the address used to be info@kraxon, or something, and my email program still has it saved! I can’t even remember which story I subbed to you. Lost in the mists of time.*

*not the title, but it has given me an idea! :)

Frustrating.
Trying to submit a story but the system won't recognise the email address above when I put it in g-mail
If I click directly on the link some strange 'sign in to microsoft mail' message appears. I don't have an account with them.

Update I think it has gone now (y)

Last edited:
The system isn't set up to bounce invalid messages. Although it does create a log entry.

You emailed the wrong address in 2019, 2020 and 2021 :unsure:

Are you sure that was a wrong address and not just an old one? Cos I'm sure you've always replied! :LOL:

Frustrating.
Trying to submit a story but the system won't recognise the email address above when I put it in g-mail
If I click directly on the link some strange 'sign in to microsoft mail' message appears. I don't have an account with them.

Update I think it has gone now (y)
Yep, arrived safely.

In fact there was a bumper harvest overnight! I hope to be setting time aside to read everything later this afternoon.

Well, I don't know where 2021 went, nor where the first few months of 2022 have gone, but at the rate things are going it'll be 2023 before I've turned round!

We had a good crop of stories come in last year for Kraxon, but things have been slower so far this year, and at the moment the cupboard is looking a bit bare. I've space for at least one story in the late autumn -- possibly more if they're SFs, since the line-up is mainly fantasy at present and I like to alternate the genres if I can -- and next year is very empty.

For newcomers to the thread, all the info you need is in the opening post, but if you have any questions feel free to raise them here or PM me.

I'm looking forward to getting some more cracking stories, so get writing and submitting!

Sorry, no. Kraxon is still closed for the moment. I've not been in touch with Glitch for a while now, though, so I'll see if he's got any news.

Just to say I've been in touch with Glitch, and his finances are such that the magazine is still on hold for the moment. However, he remains hopeful it will be re-started, though that's more likely to be next year rather than this. I'm sure everyone who has been published by him in the past or has read the great stories he's published knows it's something worth waiting for, and we'll all keep our fingers crossed for its return.

Meanwhile, there's no harm in getting a story or two written, so you're ready and waiting -- no writing is ever wasted! And if anyone ever wants to run a story or an idea past me, I'm happy to help out on an informal basis via PMs.