Time to get story

TomMazanec

An author sends the final version of his story out to be published.
In it is a short story how many days till I get the magazine issue in my Kindle?
If it is a novel how many days till it is on the Amazon store?

I'm not sure what you mean.

But if it is a short story in a magazine, well, magazines all work to different schedules, so unless you can tell us which magazine you mean and someone here has a direct connection with that magazine such that they know what the schedule is, there is no way of answering your question . (And it will probably be months before the magazine even decides whether it wants to accept the story or not.)

If you are talking about a self-published novel that you publish through Kindle Direct Publishing: if you submit a properly formatted manuscript (and they don't find anything to query) it could—depending on how many people are uploading their novels on that particular day—take anywhere between a few hours and a few days before it appears in the Amazon store. They usually say it will be about 24-48 hours, but I've had something appear within four or five hours, and other books, as I said, take a few days.

If the book is being published through a major publishing house, they will probably announce the publication date several months or a year in advance so they have time to get all their promotion in place.

There is no easy answer to this question unless you are dealing solely with self publishing.
Those appear as soon as the author approves them.
An author sends the final version of his story out to be published.
In it is a short story how many days till I get the magazine issue in my Kindle?
If it is a novel how many days till it is on the Amazon store?
Magazines can work two ways-unsolicited articles probably will be fit in whenever they think appropriate and in some cases never show up.
Solicited will usually be targeted to an issue--however the consumer will get a limited warning or advertisement to the fact.

Traditionally published works can take as much or even more than a year to make it to market. And even then the e-book in some cases might be the last thing made available.