2020 and 2021 New Year's Resolutions (in regards to writing)

i dont do annual goals, but i'm working on maintaining a daily writing habit (currently i'm in a research phase so trying to write little sketches from that setting in 5-15 minutes just to keep my brain ticking over). I'd be delighted to finish a first draft this year.

I'd like to reclaim at least a third of my lost WIP. Restarting has been difficult so far, but I remain hopeful that if I can just get past these early chapters that I can rebuild my writing momentum and get this book resurrected.

I achieved one of my goals in 2020, which was to level-up in the Writers of the Future contest. My previous best was Honorable Mention, and I gained a Silver Honorable Mention. Actually, I only had one HM from 7 entries before 2020, and I got three HMs and an SHM in 2020! I have a very linear trajectory, with 4 Rs before my first HM and 4 HMs before my first SHM: 35: R R R | 36: R HM R R | 37: HM HM HM SHM

Once again, I aim to level-up in that contest. I think I have a decent chance of at least an SHM with the story I entered at 3am on New Year's Day!

My other main writing goal is to sell a short story to a professional-rated market.

I'd like to increase my stories out for submission from two to five. At one point, I reached ten, but I decided I could go back and improve them all.