DISCUSSION THREAD -- January 2021 75 Word Writing Challenge

@BT Jones .... Reanimation Assessment No. 7653 .... Sometimes the escape is permanent even when some believe it shouldn't be.

@farntfar .... A Dragon Slade .... Sometimes a story's escape is one you don't see coming.

@Luiglin

I'm known for ripping the covers off books to use as a bookmark. This obviously explains the condition of the book in your story.

If you're careful you can get four or five bookmarks from the covers before you have to use the dedication and title pages etc.

It has the advantage that future readers will not be biased by the drivel often found on the back cover hinting at the contents of the story within.

P.S. I hope that parking spot was within five miles of your home.

@Luiglin

I'm known for ripping the covers off books to use as a bookmark. This obviously explains the condition of the book in your story.

If you're careful you can get four or five bookmarks from the covers before you have to use the dedication and title pages etc.

It has the advantage that future readers will not be biased by the drivel often found on the back cover hinting at the contents of the story within.

P.S. I hope that parking spot was within five miles of your home.
Ah, that makes horrifying sense now. I could never rip a cover, I get annoyed if I crease the spine. Running out of physical space for books means this isn't an issue anymore though. Although if I dropped my Kindle I suspect my language would be foul.

@Marvin .... Liberation .... Sometimes only the vehicles for escape change. The people remain familiar.

@Peter V .... Going Through the Motions .... Sometimes escape is a dirty smelly business.

Well, I'm in but I have a nagging feeling that it's one of those where I know the story but no one else will understand it :unsure:

Ah well. Too late now. I've got 300 words to write...

@mosaix - This guy has the reaction I would give myself if I myself came back to tell myself about myself...

@sule - Damn right, stuff those paradoxes! Wait... Shouldn't it already be fixed...?

@Luiglin - Great title, I like your style, and I too hope people still read the classics in space.

@BT Jones - A sparse style that tells the story of a macarbe type of escape. But, one possibly warranted in this world.

@farntfar - A great poem with a surprise ending, don't we all love those.

@Ian Fortytwo - When time travel and portals are involved is there ever an escape? There is no cake.

@johnnyjet - Aww you made me feel for the little bots! I hope he's just unconcious...

@Marvin - A kind view of a fargone future that is similar to our own.

@Peter V - Great pun on the title. Very funny in all!

@M. Robert Gibson - A view of a different kind of incompetent politician.

@Hugh .... There’s so much you don’t know about Nebraska .... Sometimes escape is just a trick away.
*I wondered what you could teach me about Nebraska..... But there was something.

@Hugh .... There’s so much you don’t know about Nebraska .... Sometimes escape is just a trick away.
*I wondered what you could teach me about Nebraska..... But there was something.
I had hoped to set the encounter at the Thunderhead Brewery, Axtell, but the word count intervened. I liked the name - I know nothing of the beer.

I'll take this opportunity to thank you and @Victoria Silverwolf once again for your continued efforts in reviewing all our stories.

I wrote a story about a wasp drowning and getting rescued but then killed for being a wasp, could that count as horror?

The story strikes me as being Horror. I live in a kind of waspy neighborhood, so the story really hit home...

Back