Dancer sends her experience of dancing to shipmates .Drug that makes them psychic .Environmental spaceship dolphins . Edge of known space

Vegan-Lynn

This dancer sends her experiences thru the sensors she attaches to her body .
Her lovers name is something like Pyrimus . He is the head of security . He doesnt like ggoing on the outside of the ship . The folks talking the psychic inducing drug can cope with being out beyond known space . I really liked this book if any one recognizes it and knows its name or author please let us know . New here , Hi

Last edited:
nope. from what i read that's one of my favourite books ever STARDANCE by spider robinson, aldo there's some things not right. the lover is not head of security and there are no dolphins but navigation and comunication aliens that dance

No dolphins in Stardance, I downloaded it it and did a word search (on 'porpoise')

Last edited:
No dolphins in Stardance, I downloaded it it and did a word search (on 'porpoise')
like i said no dolphins in space but aliens that float and dance in space,communicate first throw dance and then telepathically. offer special plant to help link people mentally

I agree it sounds like StarDance. A fairly intriguing SF story.

dancing shipmates ...Drug that makes them psychic ...Environmental spaceship dolphins . Edge of known space...

Good Lord. What's not to like here?

Let me know when you find it....

Dancers? Dolphins? Drugs?
And on a space station?

Yup, sounds like Hellstar by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry (1984) to me.

Not many reviews online but I can confirm a few things: uplifted dolphins help with navigation, there is an addictive psych drug, and dancing plays a big role. It’s a psychedelic sci fi - very Carlos Castaneda meets Timothy Leary with a dash of hard sci fi and ship malfunctioning weirdness.

Summary: “Earth's first colony ship to the stars is going fine, several decades into its trip to a distant habitable planet. The 8000 inhabitants are healthy and happy in their metal torus. But slowly things start going wrong - mechanical failures and strange physical phenomena manifest themselves with increasing frequency, and soon the population starts showing the strain. A serial killer and a dangerous recreational drug don't help things either.”

1679800847986.png